Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, do you ever ask a girl out face to face any more? watch

Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?

Yup you've been dating chickens.

I ask a girl out face to face. Unless you've never met the person or you are tremendously shy, I think asking someone out by text/facebook etc. is just silly.

ReputationRep:
    I never ask girls out.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than dealing with the shame and humiliation if (when in my case) the girl says no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?
    According to Urban Dictionary, the word 'chicken' means a kilogram of cocaine. I never knew that.

ReputationRep:
    If they don't have the confidence to ask you out in person, then how would they be comfortable around you irl?
    Or if they aren't bothered to ask you out in person, well I guess that says it all!

Not saying he needs to have a long romantic gesture. But at least meet up with you somewhere and say it, idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I feel they wouldn't want to be with me anyway :/
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'll arrange to meet up via Facebook, planning to make a move at the meeting. But I wuss out anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    its easier to cry in private when she rejects you
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JBlad)
    Yes, but I feel they wouldn't want to be with me anyway :/
    aww diddums :console:

ReputationRep:
    I would because i old fashioned :lol:
    Online seems fake to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    aww diddums :console:
    Pfft

Trying to fish for attention and sympathy here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostNotable)
    According to Urban Dictionary, the word 'chicken' means a kilogram of cocaine. I never knew that.
    Yeah there are some very weird definitions. :lol:

It's because they compile slang words from the whole English-speaking world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yup you've been dating chickens.

I ask a girl out face to face. Unless you've never met the person or you are tremendously shy, I think asking someone out by text/facebook etc. is just silly.
    Big man aren't ya, do you wear your anonymous bag over your head when you do so?

(Original post by Gears265)
    Big man aren't ya, do you wear your anonymous bag over your head when you do so?
    Yup. How did you guess?

ReputationRep:
    Men say it face-to-face. Boys do it via text or online.

It's simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I try to as much as possible. I don't like asking girls out via text

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    If they don't have the confidence to ask you out in person, then how would they be comfortable around you irl?
    Or if they aren't bothered to ask you out in person, well I guess that says it all!

Not saying he needs to have a long romantic gesture. But at least meet up with you somewhere and say it, idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Online dating seems very shallow to me in my personal opinion-can't you have the confidence in real life??? You'll be having sex in real life not behind a screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    I try to as much as possible. I don't like asking girls out via text
    That's 👌👍👍👍😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    Men say it face-to-face. Boys do it via text or online.

It's simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best response

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.