Turn on thread page Beta

LONER GIRL: invisible or weirdo??? watch

Announcements

I don't hang out with anyone at school.

There's one guy who is sort of my friend but it's a bit weird. Other than that, I am alone at break and at lunch (although its not like its that obvious because I usually go out or to the library), therefore I have achieved the status of "that girl with no friends".
    People aren't mean to me and I'm not bullied. No one's ever been very rude or insulting to me in a deliberately hostile or aggressive way. People aren't friendly to me, but they're perfectly nice, and I'm content with it that way. There are a few individuals who will go out of their way to talk to me, but only if its sort of inevitable, and sometimes it's a laugh (even if it is a bit forced). I'm not ignored, even if I'm not involved.
    NB: I've had friendship groups and relationship(ish) type things in the past, so I know exactly what I'm missing out on. I have a few close friends out of school and to be honest I am more satisfied with my social situation than I have been in quite a long time. I acknowledge that it is probably undesirable or unbearable for most people, but based on my past experiences and current state of mind I like my social life the way it is. What I'm saying is that I don't resent anyone or myself, and I'm not asking for pity or advice... this post was just made out of curiosity.

I'm pretty smart and I know I am and people know I am, but I'm not one of those students who act particularly smart or anything (I don't put my hand up often in class, I'm not showy with my grades, my record is DEFINITELY not squeaky clean, I don't do any clubs, I'm not especially enthusiastic, teachers aren't crazy about me).
    I'm not pretty, my body isn't terrible - its not great either - and I'm quite short (I'm a 6/8 dress size in a petite range, but I look chubbier because of my height and proportions); I'm probably quite "cute". I don't wear especially eccentric clothes, but at the same time they don't quite fit in with most people's. I probably have a hit and miss sort of grungey indie pretentious vibe. It's unintentional, I swear, and it's certainly not as eye catching as what some of the students come into school wearing.
    I smoke, mostly just because it's a break in the day or it gives me something to do with my hands, but I don't go out with the group who smokes (obviously). I often have my headphones in or have a book or a pen and paper - just because I obviously need something to do when I don't have lessons.

There are probably a few rumours about me that might have sprung up from past or mutual friends but nothing incredibly noteworthy or scandalous or extraordinary.

So what I'm wondering is what people think of me. Or if they think of me at all. As in, am I the invisible girl that no one notices or am I the weird loner that everyone talks about? So what do you think of me/what would you think of me?

(Sorry this was such a long post, but I'm very aware that there are very different kinds of loners, so I just wanted to give you guys enough of an idea.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't hang out with anyone at school.

There's one guy who is sort of my friend but it's a bit weird. Other than that, I am alone at break and at lunch (although its not like its that obvious because I usually go out or to the library), therefore I have achieved the status of "that girl with no friends".
    People aren't mean to me and I'm not bullied. No one's ever been very rude or insulting to me in a deliberately hostile or aggressive way. People aren't friendly to me, but they're perfectly nice, and I'm content with it that way. There are a few individuals who will go out of their way to talk to me, but only if its sort of inevitable, and sometimes it's a laugh (even if it is a bit forced). I'm not ignored, even if I'm not involved.
    NB: I've had friendship groups and relationship(ish) type things in the past, so I know exactly what I'm missing out on. I have a few close friends out of school and to be honest I am more satisfied with my social situation than I have been in quite a long time. I acknowledge that it is probably undesirable or unbearable for most people, but based on my past experiences and current state of mind I like my social life the way it is. What I'm saying is that I don't resent anyone or myself, and I'm not asking for pity or advice... this post was just made out of curiosity.

I'm pretty smart and I know I am and people know I am, but I'm not one of those students who act particularly smart or anything (I don't put my hand up often in class, I'm not showy with my grades, my record is DEFINITELY not squeaky clean, I don't do any clubs, I'm not especially enthusiastic, teachers aren't crazy about me).
    I'm not pretty, my body isn't terrible - its not great either - and I'm quite short (I'm a 6/8 dress size in a petite range, but I look chubbier because of my height and proportions); I'm probably quite "cute". I don't wear especially eccentric clothes, but at the same time they don't quite fit in with most people's. I probably have a hit and miss sort of grungey indie pretentious vibe. It's unintentional, I swear, and it's certainly not as eye catching as what some of the students come into school wearing.
    I smoke, mostly just because it's a break in the day or it gives me something to do with my hands, but I don't go out with the group who smokes (obviously). I often have my headphones in or have a book or a pen and paper - just because I obviously need something to do when I don't have lessons.

There are probably a few rumours about me that might have sprung up from past or mutual friends but nothing incredibly noteworthy or scandalous or extraordinary.

So what I'm wondering is what people think of me. Or if they think of me at all. As in, am I the invisible girl that no one notices or am I the weird loner that everyone talks about? So what do you think of me/what would you think of me?

(Sorry this was such a long post, but I'm very aware that there are very different kinds of loners, so I just wanted to give you guys enough of an idea.)
    I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people may notice you, some won't.

I always felt invisible to those who didn't know me at all and a weird loner type girl to those who kinda did. I didn't really let anyone get to know me though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.