Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Opinion?

ReputationRep:
    very very nasty.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yup I dont think anyone managed higher than a C at my centre, compared to June03, June04 is hell, heck the specimen paper was easier.

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR too... impossible. Definitely the hardest paper so far.

What do you reckon the grade boundries will be?

ReputationRep:
    No idea, tbh I dont think they will change substantially. I just hope this unusual high standard of exam from OCR doesn't take place in S1/S2/P2 aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sang)
    No idea, tbh I dont think they will change substantially. I just hope this unusual high standard of exam from OCR doesn't take place in S1/S2/P2 aswell.
    What were they last year...?

ReputationRep:
    The paper was ridiculous…. I attempted in total about 25 marks, and lord knows how many of them were right. I must have a U for certain.

So much of it was impossible for me, like the last question, and the vectors one. Also, did anyone else have the problem that in question 3, the integration of the found partial fractions (with a=-1, and b=3), didn’t lead to the solution they had?

All in all, a complete disaster I’d say.

ReputationRep:
    I was doing ok on this paper, in fact at one point I thought it was quite moderate until WOAH there we go I hit the last page. What were they doing? That was quite evil really. The first load of questions seemed to take forever, so i had only 10 mins left for the whole of the back page. Didn't manage to do any of it, except for one random part where I managed to get the answer to one part completely by accident, I was actually attempting a different part!
    I was also getting worried at one ponit as there seemed to be way too much working for some questions that only had like 3 marks. for example the question with cos x + sin x where you had to work otu the angle. It seemed to take up way to much space for that little marks!!!
    It really was an absolutely horrible paper, I'm not entirely sure that I could have even managed some of that with my text book in front of me! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be adjusted to suit this but I don't know if I've actually answered enough to get any grade!!!!! Damn there goes my hopes for an A!

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting P6 whilst most people in my college sat P3. None of them looked very amused. People were very upset.

ReputationRep:
    I sat p3 n p6 consecutively... walked out brain dead

ReputationRep:
    I did P3(retake) immediately followed by P6.
    I thought it was fairly average not too easy but not that hard as long as you were competent enough with your calculus.
    P6 on the other hand was an absolute b****

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the questions? they wouldnt let me take my paper.

what were the parametric equations with t?

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did OCR aswell. the paper was definatley different to any of the other P3 past papers. for example the vectors question was put in a cube. I thought overall the paper was cpretty hard but i could do most of the wuestions if i had more time. i just managed to starrt the last wquestion when time ran out. o think i missed 14 marks by not answering the question and about another 4 for not getting the answer right. but cos it was so hard it will bring the UMS up so i am hoping fo 80 UMS.

that was my first exma of the season to get me rolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc123)
    The paper was ridiculous…. I attempted in total about 25 marks, and lord knows how many of them were right. I must have a U for certain.

So much of it was impossible for me, like the last question, and the vectors one. Also, did anyone else have the problem that in question 3, the integration of the found partial fractions (with a=-1, and b=3), didn’t lead to the solution they had?

yeah i got the same answer as u for the partial fractions question but it didn't work out when i put it into the integration. That paper was just so eveil. I mean what were the examiners thinking about when they wrote it. I know they have to put some hard questions on the paper but 95% seemed to be not just hard but really hard. I started off by missing out the questions that i didn't understand until i got to the end of the exam paper and realised that I hate half and hour to tdo the other 50% and didn't even no when to begin. All ocr maths examiners who wrote that paper need to be shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc123)

I managed to get the integration to match the solution they had. I got A and B to be fractions, i think A was -1/2 and B was 3/2 something along those lines!!!

the parametric equation question also caught me out, I was trying to rerrange the equation, but then worked out that you just need to take one equation from the other (or add, i dont remember) and ta da!

A friend of mine did P3 followed by P6, he said the P6 was easier than P3! and hes a genius!

ReputationRep:
    ques 1-6 were piss easy.

7 and 8 though were very nasty though.

After doing p4 p5 and p6, it makes most of p3 seem like gcse maths.

this was my 2nd attempt at p3, first one i got screwed by the last 2 questions too!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sioniebaby)
    I managed to get the integration to match the solution they had. I got A and B to be fractions, i think A was -1/2 and B was 3/2 something along those lines!!!
    i love you, i got A to be something like -1/2... don't think i got the other one to be fraction tho (but i have repressed most of the paper, so it could have been)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the paper? if so can it be scanned....

ReputationRep:
    i got A as -1 and B as 3...

ReputationRep:
    That paper was definatly the hardest i have done, a lot harder than the screw up from last summer. The grade boundries got moved then so hopefully they will get moved again.

That fraction one was A=-1 and B=3 and when integrated did come out to be the answer they gave.

Question seven, the differential equation one, was extremly mean, a similar type of one was on Jan 2004 where you have to work out the diffferential first from info given. Did anybody do that one?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.