Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

P3 Anyone Do OCR?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yup 77.7degrees

and minimum value of x = 1/e

for my integration i just used between e and 0, not sure if that right though.

It said bounded by x-axis (x=0) and line x = e

The vector question was so so easy though i have done p6 which makes p3 vectors very easy indeed.

ReputationRep:
    If its bounded by the x-axis then y=0 not x. stupid idiotic question though!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah lol whoops!

what did you get for t as x get 'extremely large'

i got t = 2

i have to say their wording was not very good

ReputationRep:
    I think I got something along the lines of t=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh my head hurts

lol i dont remember exactly, it was soemthing along the lines of 2 i think. lol i really dont remember. i am now trying to block it all out of my head so that i dont get any nightmares tonight!!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe my general solution was along the lines of...

x = 1/ [k(t-c)]

using the values, i got k as 0.5 and c as 2

ReputationRep:
    the "gets very large" that was really unmathematical, if they'd defined it a bit better i think i might have known what they were talking about. maybe some of the marks were for interpretation....

ReputationRep:
    yup, rather surprising from ocr, they're usually quite good.

you'd expect edexcel to be making those kind of loose wordings but not ocr!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.