Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've talked with a few of my flat mates about which wristbands/tickets they're getting and none of them have bought any yet, however I'm seeing that lots of events are selling out so I'm wondering what to do. Should I just go ahead and buy a SU one or wait and pay at the door?

I'm not that fussed about sticking with them every night as freshers is an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, but I obviously don't want to turn up on my own. The only thing is that I don't drink and I'm not much of a party-goer, I'd rather go out to have fun than go and watch other people get drunk (which, granted, is why freshers exists) and the main events like Icebreaker and Freshers Zoo don't appeal to me for that reason.

Basically all suggestions are welcome, I know most of you will be busy packing so it'd be doubly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ephilas)
    I've talked with a few of my flat mates about which wristbands/tickets they're getting and none of them have bought any yet, however I'm seeing that lots of events are selling out so I'm wondering what to do. Should I just go ahead and buy a SU one or wait and pay at the door?

I'm not that fussed about sticking with them every night as freshers is an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, but I obviously don't want to turn up on my own. The only thing is that I don't drink and I'm not much of a party-goer, I'd rather go out to have fun than go and watch other people get drunk (which, granted, is why freshers exists) and the main events like Icebreaker and Freshers Zoo don't appeal to me for that reason.

Basically all suggestions are welcome, I know most of you will be busy packing so it'd be doubly appreciated
    I'm in the same situation as you. I have talked to some of my flat mates about which wristbands to buy and they said just buy tickets on the door for the events you want to go but then I'm afraid they will sell out before hand. Also I'm not a drinker either so I'm not 100% keen on going out and partying every night.

ReputationRep:
    i would say just buy tickets on the door - especially if you arent much of a drinker, there will be plenty of events to go to so dont worry about them selling out you will still go to some!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citydeer)
    i would say just buy tickets on the door - especially if you arent much of a drinker, there will be plenty of events to go to so dont worry about them selling out you will still go to some!!
    Okay thanks, I think that's what I'll do then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HUBWD)
    I'm in the same situation as you. I have talked to some of my flat mates about which wristbands to buy and they said just buy tickets on the door for the events you want to go but then I'm afraid they will sell out before hand. Also I'm not a drinker either so I'm not 100% keen on going out and partying every night.
    Exactly, lots of people have said that wristbands are only really worth getting if you go to 9 or more of the events... and tbh like yourself I'm pretty unlikely to do that. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see though there'll probably be more than just the two of us who will want to stay in!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, lots of people have said that wristbands are only really worth getting if you go to 9 or more of the events... and tbh like yourself I'm pretty unlikely to do that. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see though there'll probably be more than just the two of us who will want to stay in!
    Yeah I'm hoping on that. Are you staying in uni accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HUBWD)
    Yeah I'm hoping on that. Are you staying in uni accommodation?
    Yeah, you? Which one?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey everyone,

My sister is actually in a situation opposite to you. She wants to go out during freshers but she's ended up in a halls apartment where nobody wants to go out. The whole situation sucks but I was hoping that she might be able to attach on as a straggler to another halls floor?

Let me know what you think...

ReputationRep:
    If anyone requires student accommodation... There are; 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. The house is clean and tidy. The accommodation is relatively in close to the university, within walking distance. The kitchen and bathroom are fully utilised. The accommodation is within a reasonably cheap price. Price is negotiable. For more details please call: 07578622277

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you? Which one?
    Taly South house 8, you ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.