The Student Room Group

Told a girl i liked her more than a friend

So ive been working at a hotel for less than 2 years and made a great friend there who is a girl; other people working there have always said that we should be together aswell as making funny comments but we have both denied our feelings towards the other workers. Unfortunately I have developed feelings towards her and ive made the regrettable mistake of telling her I like her more than a friend; she is now saying that I lied to her; at first I was very confused but here is where it gets complicated.

I told her that I have liked her for a while; I also told another co worker about my feelings towards this girl before the co worker left to go back and live in Poland. I told the girl I liked that I told the co worker and now she said that I lied to her. I am sure the reason is because we both denied we had any feelings towards each other and also the fact that people were always winding us up but now she probably thinks they were doing it because the co worker that I told said something.

Im really at a loss. This girl I like is my supervisor; I have to work with her and now things are very awkward. I really didn't think this through it seems; I don't mind being rejected but it's the fact that she said I lied when in my opinion I just omitted the truth. I didnt even make a big deal out of it I just said we can still be friends but she is. I really dont want to lose her as a friend and I feel like I have betrayed her immensely.
Original post by Evi-R
So ive been working at a hotel for less than 2 years and made a great friend there who is a girl; other people working there have always said that we should be together aswell as making funny comments but we have both denied our feelings towards the other workers. Unfortunately I have developed feelings towards her and ive made the regrettable mistake of telling her I like her more than a friend; she is now saying that I lied to her; at first I was very confused but here is where it gets complicated.

I told her that I have liked her for a while; I also told another co worker about my feelings towards this girl before the co worker left to go back and live in Poland. I told the girl I liked that I told the co worker and now she said that I lied to her. I am sure the reason is because we both denied we had any feelings towards each other and also the fact that people were always winding us up but now she probably thinks they were doing it because the co worker that I told said something.

Im really at a loss. This girl I like is my supervisor; I have to work with her and now things are very awkward. I really didn't think this through it seems; I don't mind being rejected but it's the fact that she said I lied when in my opinion I just omitted the truth. I didnt even make a big deal out of it I just said we can still be friends but she is. I really dont want to lose her as a friend and I feel like I have betrayed her immensely.

never date someone at work.

Quick Reply

Latest