Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm studying at UoM next week

my course starts 21 september

my visa got delayed and i can fly there 30 september

10 days late, obviously i will be missing a lot of stuff

how can i inform my university and accommodation (Opal Gardens) that i will arrive late?

and what should i do after i arrived there? there must be ton of stuff that i should do as a new student, register course, abstain, going to building a b, unknown classroom etc etc and other stuff that i don't understand. it's gonna be confusing as **** when i get there

all people i know from last year foundation are anticipating for new life with new friends and here i am stressing over this **** because of some stupid visa delay. moreover my family blaming and pressuring me because i missed 1 e-mail to get 1 missing document for my visa. **** this

help please, really confused, frustrated and stressed out already, i'm completely blind here

any experience from people here who arrived late? share thoughts and tips?

i don't know if this is the correct subforum but pls help

ReputationRep:
    1. Chill out.
    2. Contact student recruitment and admissions. They'll guide you through everything.
    3. Universities are borderline suicidal. They're all dying to take in more students, especially international students. They will bend over backwards to accommodate you as many students, despite accepting a place, don't turn up on the day (again, particularly international students).

None of this is anything like as big a problem as you're making it out to be in your own head. You won't miss anything, the first 10 days is a total slack on almost all degree programmes (except the obvious, i.e., vocational degrees), in fact the first 2 years are one long holiday - hence the massive lack of productivity and the black hole at the heart of the UK economy (young people would rather go to University and 'find themselves' than get a job and make money).

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i'm trying to calm down after sudden delayed visa news last night and a lot of pressure **** from my family
    there are over 100 emails from university with many different email address, i don't know which one to contact
    can someone tell me email address that i should contact to inform my late arrival?

for university of manchester
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    [email protected] er. ac.uk

(Original post by beruangmacan)
    thanks, i'm trying to calm down after sudden delayed visa news last night and a lot of pressure **** from my family
    there are over 100 emails from university with many different email address, i don't know which one to contact
    can someone tell me email address that i should contact to inform my late arrival?

for university of manchester

ReputationRep:
    i can't arrive there on september, only 1 october

and because of that now i lost my accommodation

great

**** this **** **** **** **** FUCD****UFKCUFKCNJWDNFO;JSNDCOJD HF
    fwauhfowaiyx5pqu3hnprqu34yrvp9qw ehrxpqw9eyct9wejm0akwhefgasdfasj dhcasdufhdf

IM TOO STRESSED TO CARE ANYMORE NOW, **** UNIVERSITY WFUSDCNDU9FSPDCMNOSUDF

ReputationRep:
    Just read this, there's a spare room in my student house that we need to rent out mate, it's in fallowfield next to the bus station takes 10 mins to get to uni. If you're interested reply and I'll give you my Facebook name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshmcl)
    Just read this, there's a spare room in my student house that we need to rent out mate, it's in fallowfield next to the bus station takes 10 mins to get to uni. If you're interested reply and I'll give you my Facebook name
    i don't know man... my accommodation is lost.... i don't know if i have to accept your offer before knowing if univ will help me to find accommodation or not... i don't know if the univ will help me or i will be homeless when i got there, i don't know if there is a time to find any private accommodation either. i'm just super confused angry frustrated stressed right now,.

my second VISA interview is tomorrow, 3 days before the day i supposed to go to univ, reading that you know i'm in super ****edup condition right now...

i will just wait till my VISA get accepted and then go find even the shiittiest accommodation there, i don't care if it's super faraway and not having any friend because of that anymore. i just want to get there ASAP and start my univ, free from all my worries...

i dont even know what i'm writing right now, maybe i'm just whining, but there is nothing i can do... it's nightmare when i received email about rejected visa, and when i move on frm that problem, accommodation email me that i just lost all of my offer and place there... problems keep coming coming and coming... it's just so frustrating....

i don't know the purpose of this post anymore, i want to shout as loud as possible, i just want to let out everything from my mind here

i just really hate university and the whole international system or whatever right now. ****.

and sorry

ReputationRep:
    Oh man I'm in the exact same deep **** as you bro, first visa application got rejected 'cause I couldn't prove the 28-day rule on maintenance (banks these days can't do ****) and I'm about to start a new application, as a VIP to speed things up a bit, hope this time will fix it. Yay! gonna miss the fist weeks of my 1st uni year :s I should have extended my visa from within the UK, much efficient. Tell me how things are going on with you, contact me via Private message.

C'ya!

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate,

I have a room in Weston Hall and I won't be using it. If you're interested, please let me know.

http://search.accommodation.manchest.../Weston%20Hall

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2015

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.