Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Morning all,

I'd like to apologise for anyone(?) here that had the bad luck to end up trying to follow me round Leeds Mech Eng building on a 'tour' on Saturday's open day. After spending the week practicing the route, familiarising myself with the labs and the corporate rubbish to spout at you all, and having a human (shock!) conversation before the first tour, I was feeling pretty good.

That all vanished after about 10 seconds each time. To be perfectly honest, I'd never set foot in those labs. I didn't do UG/Taught PG at Leeds and have little to no idea what goes on. My main contact with undergrads is trying to avoid using the lift/stairs between the thermolab and my office when lectures are starting, because it's damned impossible to move around. I don't live in Leeds either, so know nothing about anything, and was a ridiculous choice to be involved at all!

I'd hate to think I'd put any of you off. Yes, there are probably too many people going to university; but you could do a lot worse than go to Leeds. I went to Staffs and still did ok (I think?). I only ended up running the bloody tour because my supervisor's trip to a research institute in Siberia was brought forward from October.

Tldr - I'll stick to lab work from now on.

All the best,
    Aaron

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.