Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I start uni I will be in a twin room. I was just wondering if anyone here was in a twin room and what was it like for you? I know it depends a lot on your roommate but was just wondering what it was like for you?

ReputationRep:
    Roommates can be annoying I'll tell you that. I'm in a twin room down at Warsash and my roommates a pain. A manageable pain but a pain nonetheless. What uni you off to buddy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Roommates can be annoying I'll tell you that. I'm in a twin room down at Warsash and my roommates a pain. A manageable pain but a pain nonetheless. What uni you off to buddy?
    York. What sort of problems did you have with your roommate and what were some good points of having a roommate? I know it depends on who you end up with but I was just wondering about your opinion. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My sister and I were looking for a twin room but were put separately, unfortunately. If you and your roommate want to swap,
    Send me a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Luck of the draw. I knew 3 pairs of people in twins in my time at York.

2 girls who got on very well despite being superficially quite different (one was extrovert the other quite quiet).

Couple of blokes were well suited.

Another, my best mate was unlucky and got a complete pillock as a roommate.

So the odds are favourable based on a dubious sample size!

ReputationRep:
    It wil depend entirely on who your roommate will be. I got on well with my roommate because she gave me space and left me alone. She was introvert like I am so she didnt drain my energy. Now if I had to live in a room with some loud mouth who constantly has to run their mouth.. I would not have been able to handle it. Im afraid you will just have to wait and see. You might get lucky you might not.

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.