The Student Room Group

PubhD anyone? Pint-sized research presentations!

Would anyone in Leeds be interested in starting an event similar to this? Good practice for conferences etc - also alcohol! Drink without the guilt.

Link points to Nottingham site, but there are many similar ones throughout the UK. There are a number of unis in Leeds, and after a departmental event yesterday I've realised that I know very little about what people who share my lab/office actually do all day. There's even huge overlaps through different institutes. If we really want to contribute and expand knowledge in our fields, let's do it together!

https://pubhd.wordpress.com
Well I'm starting Leeds in a week and this something that I would be interested in :ahee:
Reply 2
Brilliant, what course/research will you be doing? I'm Mech Eng PhD myself, test rig is out of action just now though!
So I'll be starting my PhD in atmospheric sciences, looking at how fog particles and aerosol interactions can improve weather forecasts :smile:
Reply 4
Sounds great,safe to say I know stuff all about that, but can easily see the significance. What faculty will you be in? I'm looking into pre-ignition and super knock in turbocharged petrol engines.

So when my engine works I'll need to try and make it blow up, just not too much :P
Original post by A.Mifflin
Sounds great,safe to say I know stuff all about that, but can easily see the significance. What faculty will you be in? I'm looking into pre-ignition and super knock in turbocharged petrol engines.

So when my engine works I'll need to try and make it blow up, just not too much :P

:awesome:

I'm based in the school of Earth and Environment where I sit in the Atmospheric Science department :yep: Any explosions yet? :tongue:

What year of your PhD are you in?
Reply 6
Oh christ, that's far too close to the bar to get any work done! Then again there's a bit of a tradition of heading off to the Library pub on Fridays in my lab...

Sadly not! No power of fuel to the engine yet, just a compressor that keeps overheating my intake pipe when I try to map the throttle :frown: I'm in my second year, started in April 2014 - somehow managed to get through my Transfer first time in spite of all the delays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending