Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to buy a 2nd hand printer after reaching the university as its too expensive and troublesome for me to print all my notes with the university printer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaverknight)
    I would like to buy a 2nd hand printer after reaching the university as its too expensive and troublesome for me to print all my notes with the university printer
    I have a "second hand" printer and scanner which I bought for my first uni but dropped out within months and never used it. It's boxed up. All with its components. I'll even give you the receipt 😂. It's also been kept locked away in case I need it again but i've got an office printer at home don't ever see the need of having 2. Can contact me on here if interested. We can make an arrangement

ReputationRep:
    if you cant find any second hand ones you can get good new ones for as little as £25 at currys/pc world so check out there too maybe!

ReputationRep:
    If the reason for buying a printer is to save money you probably won't. The £25 printers at currys/pc world will work out more expensive than University printers per page. The only printers available that will save you money are office printers. If you are going to print more than ~2200 pages then you might want to buy the HP OfficeJet Pro X451dw it's on offer with ebuyer reducing the price to £100 after cashback and includes a second printer free. The cartridges which come in the printer should do about 5000 pages of documents.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about electronics but you can go on www.slugbook.com to help you narrow your search for the cheapest seller of a book/text book That's what I use and it has saved me a lot so far in a little amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    What uni you at? I have a fairly new lexmark( i think) printer my neighbour gave me before he moved.
    I can shot it onto ya for £15, cuz im not using it at all

ReputationRep:
    The university printers are cheap!! Cheaper than you'll be able to print at home for sure, 5p for an A4 page IIRC? printercredits.warwick.ac.uk/printcredit/buy.htm

They can also hole-punch, staple and do automatic double-sided printing too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munkie)
    The university printers are cheap!! Cheaper than you'll be able to print at home for sure, 5p for an A4 page IIRC? printercredits.warwick.ac.uk/printcredit/buy.htm

They can also hole-punch, staple and do automatic double-sided printing too
    This.

The speed, and features of university printing outweigh the convenience of having a printer at home.

Especially as you can print wirelessly from your laptop to any of the printers around campus.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, you guys convinced me not to get one at the meantime. Thanks for the advice!

Cheers

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.