Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After my class was dropped I was left with 3 a levels to study. Now I need to self study an AS level in Economics for my fourth A-Level. I would really appreciate if people could tell me how to go about doing so. Links,notes, pdf textbooks, videos e.t.c would be great. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techcloud14)
    After my class was dropped I was left with 3 a levels to study. Now I need to self study an AS level in Economics for my fourth A-Level. I would really appreciate if people could tell me how to go about doing so. Links,notes, pdf textbooks, videos e.t.c would be great. Thanks
    Hi there,

First off... well done for having the courage to decide on self-studying. I too self studied economics with AQA.

Below I have linked a website built specifically for the AQA economics syllabus:

www.petragrade.com

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techcloud14)
    I self studied all of my AS subjects last year. What I realised that you need to be determined to teach yourself and revise. You also need to be clear of any distractions. I know in my heart that i couldv'e gotten better AS level results if I spent more time studying rather than playing video games though im still grateful I have grades that could get me into university.

I used revision guides mostly because they broke down everything to be easily understood. They also only have the relvant details rather than the woffle in textbooks.
    I also used this thing called Quizlet where you can make online flashcards. They could be helpful for your formulas in economics (if there are any, i have no idea ).

You can take your economics exams as a private candidate at an exam centre but you will have to pay for your exams by February 2016. There will probably be an admin fee from the exam centre on top of the fee for the exam from the exam board.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    I self studied all of my AS subjects last year. What I realised that you need to be determined to teach yourself and revise. You also need to be clear of any distractions. I know in my heart that i couldv'e gotten better AS level results if I spent more time studying rather than playing video games though im still grateful I have grades that could get me into university.

I used revision guides mostly because they broke down everything to be easily understood. They also only have the relvant details rather than the woffle in textbooks.
    I also used this thing called Quizlet where you can make online flashcards. They could be helpful for your formulas in economics (if there are any, i have no idea ).

You can take your economics exams as a private candidate at an exam centre but you will have to pay for your exams by February 2016. There will probably be an admin fee from the exam centre on top of the fee for the exam from the exam board.

Good luck
    What revision guides did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcfc97)
    What revision guides did you use?
    I used 'my revision notes' ones for 3 of my subjects and one written by chief examiners for sociology.

Look out for the revision guides written by examiners because they tend to show you what not to write and how to achieve the top grades with some examples.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.