Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    from a little research it seems you dont always need a full degree, is this really the case? as this is new unbelievable information.. anyone have any experience with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Treypound)
    from a little research it seems you dont always need a full degree, is this really the case? as this is new unbelievable information.. anyone have any experience with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Typically you do, however if you have enough experience in the field then you could potentially get onto a Masters programme and obtain a Masters Degree.

Usually you wouldn't plan to do a masters in this way, it'd just happen after you've been in industry for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treypound)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As Roving Fish said, this would be far from the norm, and would probably apply mostly to MBA-type courses for those who have been working in a particular field for quite a while. The vast majority of Master's courses require a 2.1 in your BA for entry, though some will accept 2.2s as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have a degree, and I took a MSc last year. I do have a HND and 25 years work experience though.
    I applied to several courses at a couple of Unis and was offered unconditional places at all of them, however I was told that I would not be accepted onto one course without a 2:1 so I didn't bother applying for that one.
    My advice, if you don't have the standard qualifications but do have work experience, is to ring up and talk to course tutors or course administrators for the Masters programmes you are interested in, or go along to open days and track down the relevant people to talk to. Some unis are very keen to attract mature students. One I visited had Masters programmes specially structured to fit in with the working week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.