Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to start my individual investigation. I'm not quite sure which experiment to do. I am looking at either the hydrolysis of esters or the Freundlich Adsorption Isotherm. Can some give me some points on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    I did hydrolysis of ester, The basics of the experiment were just using varying temperature with dilute acid to hydrolyse the ester and titrating sample at timed intervals after quenching the reaction and recording the volume of sodium hydroxide consumed at titration and refluxing the final mixture and titrating it to find out the final volume of sodium hydroxide consumed and then with the data calculating the rate of the reaction and the activation enthalpy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally1337)
    I did hydrolysis of ester, The basics of the experiment were just using varying temperature with dilute acid to hydrolyse the ester and titrating sample at timed intervals after quenching the reaction and recording the volume of sodium hydroxide consumed at titration and refluxing the final mixture and titrating it to find out the final volume of sodium hydroxide consumed and then with the data calculating the rate of the reaction and the activation enthalpy.
    How did that work out? I was thinking of changing the pH of the acid or even doing an alkaline hydrolysis, after I work out how to easily quench it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspire7736)
    How did that work out? I was thinking of changing the pH of the acid or even doing an alkaline hydrolysis, after I work out how to easily quench it.
    Well the experiment took quite a while since I had to set up the water bath every time I had to do the experiment.

You could change the pH of the acid and carry out an alkaline hydrolysis and compare the two types of hydrolysis and as for quenching the reaction just use some ice.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to do, I'm considering the iodine clock investigation, has anyone done this one and have any advice???

ReputationRep:
    anyone know anything about the iodine and propanone investigation??

ReputationRep:
    Hi which one is fairly challenging!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give any advice on the detection of copper ions one?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 26, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.