The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Augsburg aren't doing that well in the German league and aren't that far away from the relegation battle so hoping we can put in a couple of decent performances/results before the League Cup final.

City will have an extra day of rest before the final, here's to hoping a strong XI can get the job done in Germany on Thursday so we can rotate for the leg at Anfield.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
City will have an extra day of rest before the final, here's to hoping a strong XI can get the job done in Germany on Thursday so we can rotate for the leg at Anfield.

They'll also be in Ukraine, whilst we'll be at Anfiled the next day. Thankfully a 6pm KO.
They do have a game in the FA cup next week against Chelsea, so we should have an edge in terms of energy levels.
Reply 4763
Apparently James Milner has never lost a game that he has scored in...

Also four of the eight 6-0 away wins in PL history have been done by us.
Wasn't the last time Sturridge started, the 6-1 away win at Southampton? Makes a difference having him playing...
Original post by Gob Bluth
Wasn't the last time Sturridge started, the 6-1 away win at Southampton? Makes a difference having him playing...

So whenever Sturridge starts, we score 6 goals?

I'd probably play him in the League Cup final then...
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

We have a rare week off between the 2 EL games. Not sure if rest or momentum would be better?
We have a rare week off between the 2 EL games. Not sure if rest or momentum would be better?

I don't think it'll make much difference, City and Chelsea will probably play some youth/reserves with an eye on the CL.

I guess it'll all depend on the CL/EL results this week.
I don't think Coutinho really has been recognised as much as he should've been today. He was absolutely phenomenal.
Yeah Villa were embarrassing but that doesn't mean the passes he made were easy. They were absolutely textbook.

His cross to Sturridge couldn't have been any better placed but that pales in comparison to his through ball to Origi.
The curl, the weight and the vision was unreal. There are only a handful of players in the world - let alone the league - that can produce passes like that.
yes if 'handful' means 20
You're a bad person.
Need to make sure we follow today up with a win. We lost directly after the 6-1 at St. Mary's, after all.
Reply 4772
Messi, Suarez and Neymar are just too good.

Original post by Mackay
Need to make sure we follow today up with a win. We lost directly after the 6-1 at St. Mary's, after all.

A 6-1 win against Augsburg would be very handy
Original post by Mackay

Augsburg lost 3-1 this weekend and now are only 1 point above the relegation play-off spot
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
yes if 'handful' means 20

Yeah off the top of my head Ozil, Fabregas, Silva, De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard, Cazorla, even ****ing Willian in this league have the capabilities of making passes like that or have done similar this season.

Maybe he meant handsful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Matip to join.

Also, remember Ayestarán? Neville's appointed him to his coaching staff at Valencia. Shrewd move.
Original post by jam277
Yeah off the top of my head Ozil, Fabregas, Silva, De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard, Cazorla, even ****ing Willian in this league have the capabilities of making passes like that or have done similar this season.

Maybe he meant handsful.

Also Rooney, Ramsey, Payet, Cabaye, Eriksen, potentially Mahrez too. Premier League has some creative players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Matip to join.

Also, remember Ayestarán? Neville's appointed him to his coaching staff at Valencia. Shrewd move.

Probably too late for Neville to appoint Pako now. Maybe he'll replace Neville when sacked?

Pleased to see Matip confirmed. Wonder who will get sold out of our CBs now.
Probably too late for Neville to appoint Pako now. Maybe he'll replace Neville when sacked?

Pleased to see Matip confirmed. Wonder who will get sold out of our CBs now.

Toure or Skirtle, most likely the former as his contract runs out this summer I think and he is getting old. Wouldn't mind Skirtle making way though, Toure has been decent for us everytime he has come on and it's just banter having him in the squad anyway :P
Original post by samir12
Toure or Skirtle, most likely the former as his contract runs out this summer I think and he is getting old. Wouldn't mind Skirtle making way though, Toure has been decent for us everytime he has come on and it's just banter having him in the squad anyway :P

I can't really see us going into the new season with 4 first choice CBs though. Typically your fourth option (like Toure) is either very young and promising or past his peak and in both cases, happy to warm the bench until they get their chance.

Latest