The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gerrard - 0 Drinkwater - 1
Oh this is gonna be fun...
Leicester 1 Gerrard nil
Koala man :lol:
Leicester showed us how to win the PL - We didn't do it when we had chances 2 or 3 times. We won't win the PL under Klopp imo.
Can in contention for Thursday according to Joyce.
Vardy - 1

Gerrard - 0
Original post by Dirtybit
Vardy - 1

Gerrard - 0

Come back to me when he wins a Champions League m8

Honestly wonder what the chances are of that happening next season?
Inb4 3/1 odds because bookies are bricking it.
Original post by Lúcio
Come back to me when he wins a Champions League m8

Honestly wonder what the chances are of that happening next season?
Inb4 3/1 odds because bookies are bricking it.

Kante - 1

Gerrard - 0
Anyone for Burnley next season then?
Danny Simpson - 1

Gerrarddddd - 0
I'm hoping Can is fit for Thursday more than I've hoped for anything in some, some time.
Original post by Mackay
I'm hoping Can is fit for Thursday more than I've hoped for anything in some, some time.

Depends if he's 100% fit. Tbh I'd expect Villarreal to sit pretty deep and try to hit us on the counter - does Can help us with that? Not entirely sure..

I think I'd be tempted to go with:

Sturridge
Coutinho Firmino Lallana
Can Milner
Moreno Lovren Lucas Clyne
Mignolet
Original post by Zerforax
Depends if he's 100% fit. Tbh I'd expect Villarreal to sit pretty deep and try to hit us on the counter - does Can help us with that? Not entirely sure..

I think I'd be tempted to go with:

Sturridge
Coutinho Firmino Lallana
Can Milner
Moreno Lovren Lucas Clyne
Mignolet

I think Can's deployment adds balance and allows us to play that two-man midfield more comfortably, thus allowing the quarter you mention to be selected.

Sturridge needs to start - and Can being fit helps that.
A Can Milner midfield was terrible against Dortmund in the first half, we were ripped wide open, Villareal being adept at counter attacking would have a lot of fun.
Original post by samir12
A Can Milner midfield was terrible against Dortmund in the first half, we were ripped wide open, Villareal being adept at counter attacking would have a lot of fun.

Agreed but I think we just need to look at the game as we need to score 3 goals from the start..
Original post by Zerforax
Agreed but I think we just need to look at the game as we need to score 3 goals from the start..

I agree; I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we need to be setting up to score three like you said.

Not gonna lie bros, I feel like we have enough to beat them but not sure if we can do so by 2 clear goals.
Original post by samir12

We need to score. Best chance of doing that is having Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Sturridge all on the pitch.
Original post by Lúcio
I agree; I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we need to be setting up to score three like you said.

Not gonna lie bros, I feel like we have enough to beat them but not sure if we can do so by 2 clear goals.

Probably do a Bayern Munich :frown:

Latest