The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Nah thought it was the UEFA, FA and Worthington Cups that was the domestic treble.

Still not as bad as Arsenal fans taking the piss out of two clubs that aren't in the CL next season that have actually won it.

Pls, we all know the glory lies with the League Cup :wink:

Just let them have it mate, they don't have much else.
They'll lose to us both in the league anyway, resting players to overturn a R16 3-1 home defeat to Olympiakos...
Original post by Lúcio
Pls, we all know the glory lies with the League Cup :wink:

Just let them have it mate, they don't have much else.
They'll lose to us both in the league anyway, resting players to overturn a R16 3-1 home defeat to Olympiakos...

Overturn? You mean almost overturn before an open goal falls to Giroud in the last minute who skies it.
Original post by Zerforax
Watford have signed out-of-contract Liverpool striker Jerome Sinclair on a five-year deal.

The clubs have come to an agreement which will see the Merseysiders receive about £4m in compensation as a development fee applies.

Good luck to the kid. He clearly didn't have a future with us, and I question the advice he was getting/his agent, but fair play.
Original post by Mackay
Good luck to the kid. He clearly didn't have a future with us, and I question the advice he was getting/his agent, but fair play.

He wasn't good enough but really should've had the presence of mind to not burn his bridges at the club.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
He wasn't good enough but really should've had the presence of mind to not burn his bridges at the club.

Absolutely.

I think he's had his eye on London for quite a while. He seems to be in with a crowd of footballers from Leyton Orient, Brentford etc.*
No interest for Balotelli, meaning he'll report for training on Saturday. Markovic already in training.
Zielinski is probably going to suck the bench until he leaves.

He's no better than anyone we have. Probably the worst signing next to carrol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
No interest for Balotelli, meaning he'll report for training on Saturday. Markovic already in training.

He'll move towards the end of the transfer window. He's only got a year left so whether we sell him for a few million or ship out on loan again and let him go on a free next summer..

Be interesting to see what Klopp thinks of Markovic.
Original post by Zerforax
He'll move towards the end of the transfer window. He's only got a year left so whether we sell him for a few million or ship out on loan again and let him go on a free next summer..

Be interesting to see what Klopp thinks of Markovic.

Was hoping a Chinese club would offer a ridiculous sum for him, but at this stage I'd take 5-10m for sure.

I think Klopp will like Markovic - it's claimed that he's been showing up early for training in a bid to impress :tongue:

With Mané and Markovic both in our squad, it really does give us some blistering pace down the wings.
It's just a case of whether they can both increase their consistency.
Original post by Lúcio
Was hoping a Chinese club would offer a ridiculous sum for him, but at this stage I'd take 5-10m for sure.

I think Klopp will like Markovic - it's claimed that he's been showing up early for training in a bid to impress :tongue:

With Mané and Markovic both in our squad, it really does give us some blistering pace down the wings.
It's just a case of whether they can both increase their consistency.

Too busy buying Avengers in China

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36650578

Not sure why a 29 year old Hulk is worth £46mil..

I think Markovic was a transfer committee signing rather than a Rodgers signing. Markovic needs to try and stay fit first and foremost. Seems to have the right attitude but with Mane being signed and no Europa League football, it might be hard for him to get many games..
Balotelli is going to be this season's Borini, then. Lovely.
Palace bid £25m for Benteke.
I've got time for Markovic, wouldn't want to see him sold this summer. Maybe one more year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim

Deal.
Original post by mr tim

PLEASE SAY YES.

Not a bad deal at all and he'd do well at Palace.
We've rejected the offer we want £30m as stated last night.
Original post by mr tim
We've rejected the offer we want £30m as stated last night.

If that was Palace's initial bid, I think we'll both compromise to £27m or something
Tfw you notice Dwight Gayle has gone to Newcastle!

Maybe we'll actually beat Palace this season then... :colondollar:
I think we'll accept a little over £25mil and with a few add-ons which will get close to 30mil.
Allen had another good game today.