The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex5134
Shame we can't score a goal to save our life...

You must fancy your chances against the worst defence in the league though?
Original post by sr90

Perhaps but you gotta feel like Mourinho will threaten to sack his entire team if they lose to us. Man's on edge.

He's hated us ever since they lost in the CL from the Luis Garcia ghost goal :biggrin:
Original post by sr90

I'd put my house on a 1-1 draw.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I'd put my house on a 1-1 draw.

Or 0-0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Firmino, Allen, Ibe, Randall

EDIT: Mr Tim eat your heart out :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Have to say I'm not that enamoured with that midfield, I've said before that Lucas/Can/Milner is not mobile enough.
The game is so boring. The only highlight is Henry's girlfriend who looks old now.
We always mess SOMETHING up in an attack.
That was a perfect ball from Coutinho and if Lallana could control the ball like a normal human, we would've surely scored.

Bloody hell we seriously can't score...
Please God not another draw.
Solidity in defence is refreshing. Messed up that set piece but it happens. The press prevents all counters and we're very compact when we drop deeper. Sakho with his customary poorly directed header, Skrtel/midfield unable to track runs as usual, but it was pretty good on the whole. Lucas playing like a boss.

No need to talk about the attack. Only when our better players play can we make a judgement.
Excellent tackle from Moreno then.

He has gotten himself in some really good attacking positions but it's really nice to see him defending like that too.
Our defence in general is so much better now, it's so nice to see.
We couldn't score in a brothel.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
We couldn't score in a brothel.

My old football coach used to say that, gets me every time :biggrin:
Benteke 1-0.
BENTEKE!!!
What a goal!

Yes man, oh did we need that!
Would we get that from Origi?

Thank God we subbed him on.
Outstanding header.
1-1 Mane

Shame.
Poor goal to concede; knew it would only ever be from a set piece...
Man like Mane
Das it Mane

Good signs from Firmino, Benteke excellent as usual. Hopefully they both start the next PL game.
Gutted but encouraging performance in that second half, we look miles better with Beteke on than Origi. The sooner we can get rid of the Rodgers mentality in not being able to defend set pieces and keep the lead the better. As soon as we scored we seemed to have retreat as usual, hopefully Klopp with time and get rid of it.

Klopp needs to sign a quality CM though, ours is too weak atm and doesn't offer much going forward.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest