Alcohol advice needed Watch

nohomo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys.

i have an alcohol problem. I had nothing to drink yesterday. I am not physically addicted to alcohol.

Last time I drank was Sunday night when I had 6 beers.

I have diagnoses of aspergers, social phobia, depressive symptoms and psychotic symptoms. I'm having obsessional/psychotic thoughts right now and feel angry. could the alcohol be contributing to this?

should i stay off it today?
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nohomo)
hey guys.

i have an alcohol problem. I had nothing to drink yesterday. I am not physically addicted to alcohol.

Last time I drank was Sunday night when I had 6 beers.

I have diagnoses of aspergers, social phobia, depressive symptoms and psychotic symptoms. I'm having obsessional/psychotic thoughts right now and feel angry. could the alcohol be contributing to this?

should i stay off it today?
I've moved this to the more appropriate forum.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I have a drink problem too. The aftereffects can last long after you put down a drink, sometimes months or years
alexorlandocross
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I think very people with alcohol problems are addicted to the physical effects. After all hangovers and all that comes before it aren't exactly the most pleasant of feelings.

As JamesManc said above the aftereffects can last far beyond when the drink is put down.

Could I ask what your first thought is before you reach for a drink? and in particular does it link in with the obsessive/ psychotic thoughts?
ColinJarecky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ForestCat)
I've moved this to the more appropriate forum.
rather stay,,,,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads