The Student Room Group

UNibersity of brimingham vs London School of economics

okay, so Ive done my A levels (A*AA) and have been given a place to study at the university of Birmingham, but friends and family are telling me that i can do better with the grades i got which got me thinking about other unis, the reason I didnt apply for LSE or any London uni was because living in London is expensive and i let that put me off, but now Ive realized that it might be worth going to a London uni in the long run because employment might be easier when i graduate. Also if i take a gap year i would be working so i would have some money when i got there.

My question is, is it worth taking a gap year to get into a better uni (ranking for bham is 17th vs ranking for lse is 3rd; and for my subject law the difference is similar), is it worth taking the risk of losing my place at bham this year? the reason i feel like it may not be that big of a risk is because i feel like i could at least get back into bham next year if i dont get into lse, Or get into clearance at another gd uni eg Durham or Nottingham, i will also be resitting one of my modules so i might even have A*A*A. (Law, Media, Philosophy).

i think a gap year would be beneficial anyway coz i'll have matured and be more prepared for a hard course such as law in uni, and it will be the only break i have from education and work i will probably ever have, i'd like to think that with my current grades i'm in a good position to chill out a bit lol but i dont wanna get cocky.

i'm not very picky with the location of unis because i believe i can learn to love almost any city, Ive visited most of these places and could see myself living there. I'm from London originally and living in Manchetser now
Original post by subegsingh9
okay, so Ive done my A levels (A*AA) and have been given a place to study at the university of Birmingham, but friends and family are telling me that i can do better with the grades i got which got me thinking about other unis, the reason I didnt apply for LSE or any London uni was because living in London is expensive and i let that put me off, but now Ive realized that it might be worth going to a London uni in the long run because employment might be easier when i graduate. Also if i take a gap year i would be working so i would have some money when i got there.

My question is, is it worth taking a gap year to get into a better uni (ranking for bham is 17th vs ranking for lse is 3rd; and for my subject law the difference is similar), is it worth taking the risk of losing my place at bham this year? the reason i feel like it may not be that big of a risk is because i feel like i could at least get back into bham next year if i dont get into lse, Or get into clearance at another gd uni eg Durham or Nottingham, i will also be resitting one of my modules so i might even have A*A*A. (Law, Media, Philosophy).

i think a gap year would be beneficial anyway coz i'll have matured and be more prepared for a hard course such as law in uni, and it will be the only break i have from education and work i will probably ever have, i'd like to think that with my current grades i'm in a good position to chill out a bit lol but i dont wanna get cocky.

i'm not very picky with the location of unis because i believe i can learn to love almost any city, Ive visited most of these places and could see myself living there. I'm from London originally and living in Manchetser now

Your A Levels will be seen as soft by LSE so I doubt LSE would accept you, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What's unibersity? Ahh you mean university... maybe you should reconsider haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending