Turn on thread page Beta

Which of these old industrial cities is the Dirtiest, Smelliest and Ugliest watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which of these old industrial cities is the Dirtiest, Smelliest and Ugliest
    Middlesbrough
    16.67%
    Rotherham
    16.67%
    Bradford
    16.67%
    Hull
    0%
    Wolverhampton
    16.67%
    West Bromwich
    0%
    Coventry
    33.33%
    Luton
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Which of these dirty old industrial cities is the most vile. In other words, dirty, litter strewn, smelly, and just downright ugly?

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty sure it would be Hull, but given the option of Bradford it could only be Bradford.

ReputationRep:
    Tough choices, no doubt. I'd have a hard time picking one. Each is just as low-rent as the next. Although, if I was going to pick I'd be looking at either Rotherham or Middlesbrough. Coventry and Bradford could tie for a very close 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    I knew Rotherham would score on this poll.......Ghastly place!

ReputationRep:
    5* thread. Boro, Rotherham, West Brom and Luton are not cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    5* thread. Boro, Rotherham, West Brom and Luton are not cities.
    Wilf, they don't have a cathedral, I know, so technically, they are not cities......Who cares?.......They are large settlements of people in urban conurbations, they're cities!......Cathedral or no cathedral, Royal charter or no Royal charter. Don't get wrapped up with semantics.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been to Cov and Luton from that list. Coventry isn't that bad.

Luton is a ****hole. There is just so much rubbish left outside of people's houses, and general litter, too. Not so much in the town centre, in the residential areas. Overflowing bins and mattresses outside of houses and dumped in random places were common sights when I was there. And yes, from what I've seen, it's Eastern Europeans doing this; they don't seem to take much pride in their living environment.

Luton/Bradford

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Rotherham is grim.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to Grimsby? All of the shops were shuttered up at about half 3 on a weekday, and the streets were so bare I was convinced the Apocalypse had begun.

ReputationRep:
    Bradford is actually VERY green these days...

ReputationRep:
    Middlesbrough, literally smells. There is nothing pleasant about Middlesbrough. Coventry is the end of the world for a reason. It's uglier than skin. Rotherham is something out of a rust belt dystopia. Luton is almost as bad as Coventry. Bradford is so crime ridden and ugly it is scary. West Bromwich and Wolverhampton are equally disgusting. Hull sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised Middlesbrough isn't in the lead here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Bradford is actually VERY green these days...
    Yeah full of the herb.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Luton is the worst place in the UK by a country mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Luton is the worst place in the UK by a country mile.
    I take the more conventional view. The further north you go, the dirtier, the more ugly the cities become.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.