Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I was wondering if anyone could put me into contact with someone studying Sociology with HSPS at Cambridge. I would love to chat with them about the specifics of the course and what they study to help with my application process.Thank you very much!
    All the best,
    Sophie
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sxphieds)
    Hello! I was wondering if anyone could put me into contact with someone studying Sociology with HSPS at Cambridge. I would love to chat with them about the specifics of the course and what they study to help with my application process.Thank you very much!
    All the best,
    Sophie
    Just to check, have you looked at the course website? If you click on the image under Year 1, you can find detailed summaries for all first year courses for instance, including summaries for all the lectures.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    All the best,
    Sophie
    Also many of the college HSPS pages have tips including reading lists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    And there's the course specific thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1932691
    Cambridge Human, Social and Political Sciences (HSPS) Students and Applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have looked at the course website and gotten as much information as I can, but it would make a huge difference to me to be able to talk to a current undergrad.

(Original post by Plagioclase)
    Just to check, have you looked at the course website? If you click on the image under Year 1, you can find detailed summaries for all first year courses for instance, including summaries for all the lectures.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have looked at the course website and gotten as much information as I can, but it would make a huge difference to me to be able to talk to a current undergrad.
    Did you ask in the HSPS thread I linked?

There's also stalking pages from prior years, and the Connect pages.

ReputationRep:
    I did ask that thread. May I have a link to those pages? Are they in TSR or on the website? Thank you for your help!
    (Original post by jneill)
    Did you ask in the HSPS thread I linked?

There's also stalking pages from prior years, and the Connect pages.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anybody currently studying the course, but the owner of this blog: http://askacambridgestudent.tumblr.com a while back (who has since been replaced) was a HSPS student, and if you look on the HSPS tag you will find a fair bit of information about the course. Hope that helps
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I did ask that thread. May I have a link to those pages? Are they in TSR or on the website? Thank you for your help!
    2014 (previous years also available)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2014_entry

Now replaced by
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/conn...y_of_cambridge

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.