The Student Room Group

Would I get an offer for maths at Bath?

Scroll to see replies

tbh I wouldn't bother applying. I got ABBC at AS (A in Maths, B in FM) and didn't get an offer. Plus I had a lot of work experience too.

If I were you I'd go for ABB/BBB courses - you might be able to get offers for those.
Original post by yl95
Probably 15% 'acceptance rate' as the rest take firm offers at better unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh and reject bath completely.
My questions is I got A*A*B and 1,1.3 in step 1/2/3 and aea distinction. Will I get an unconditional from bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by BinaryJava
Hey there,

I got ACCC at AS levels in maths, further maths, economics and physics. I think I am going to be predicted A*AA, with physics being dropped. My personal statement has the extra maths I have learnt at home so I am very interested in the subject. I doubt I will take step but knowing this, is it likely that I would get an offer from them?

-Binary

You should probably think about doing the MAT and getting a good score (slightly above average), and mentioning it in your PS which would probably make them overlook those grades. Then do STEP over the summer.
Reply 23
Original post by kkboyk
You should probably think about doing the MAT and getting a good score (slightly above average), and mentioning it in your PS which would probably make them overlook those grades. Then do STEP over the summer.

Unfortunately, unless you apply to Oxford or Imperial, you can't request your score. I'm not even sure if you can sit the MAT if you don't apply to Ox or Imp
Reply 24
Original post by stevey396
tbh I wouldn't bother applying. I got ABBC at AS (A in Maths, B in FM) and didn't get an offer. Plus I had a lot of work experience too.

If I were you I'd go for ABB/BBB courses - you might be able to get offers for those.

That's sort of surprising. What were your predicted grades? and your UMS scores if you don't mind?

Quick Reply

Latest