The Student Room Group

Problems with my horn

Today I went to have a free health check with ford. I have a ford KA and they told me my horn doesn't work, at first I laughed at them because I've used it before. But on getting home beeped my horn, about 10 minutes later tried again and it didn't work. Ive tried to locate the horn under the bonnet but cannot seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea what it could be as it is a legal requirement and i have my MOT due soon? Thanks
They are normally mounted near the front grill, so that the sound can come out.

If you cannot find it, find someone with a similar age ka/fiesta and get them to open the engine compartment and beep the horn until you find it.

They are mostly round (ish) with a series of concentric circles
Reply 2
Lie down underneath with your head sticking up, you'll most likely find it that way. I was surprised mine was quite so low on my Focus to be honest. As to the fault, could be anything from being just plain broken, or a simple broken wire.
Reply 3
If it's working intermittently, that sounds like a loose connection or a rubbing wire causing a short to me. Follow the wiring back from your horn (when you find it) and see what you can see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending