The Student Room Group

Maths at uni

Ok, so i got reallllyyy crap AS results this yr, I have my personal reasons but I was still disappointed to get 3 Cs, a D and an E especially for maths since I found the paper really easy :frown: so i got them remarked and unfortunately it had no effect, so now im stuck wiv these results and have to use them to apply through UCAS. Now, even with these results, I'm not left demotivated because I'm definitely retaking a few modules and I'm no longer doing 5, I dropped 2 so hopefully I can change those grades fully. My question is, what Unis would you suggest me to apply to for maths? Unis that would actually consider me with these results?
probably forget maths if I were you. Its solid at uni. waaay harder than a level. plus you should realise AS maths is really easy compared to A2 maths.
Original post by Emmak26
Ok, so i got reallllyyy crap AS results this yr, I have my personal reasons but I was still disappointed to get 3 Cs, a D and an E especially for maths since I found the paper really easy :frown: so i got them remarked and unfortunately it had no effect, so now im stuck wiv these results and have to use them to apply through UCAS. Now, even with these results, I'm not left demotivated because I'm definitely retaking a few modules and I'm no longer doing 5, I dropped 2 so hopefully I can change those grades fully. My question is, what Unis would you suggest me to apply to for maths? Unis that would actually consider me with these results?

If you think you can do better, then I would suggest that you consider a gap year and apply for 2017 entry with far more impressive A2 results.

Yiu need to talk to your teachers about what went wrong at AS, particularly in Maths. You thought the paper was easy yet two markers gave you a C. Therefore there is something you aren't 'getting' at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending