City UNiversity Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hi
As anyone heard about the reputation of City uni in London, or know anyone there? Is it good etc?
thanks
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it's not bad, but not great. check out the times.co.uk for the league table, to get an idea of its accademic side, or the unnoficial student guides site, for an insight on student life etc.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
ive looked on that but the times and the guardian newspaper really differ in their ratings, and also it doesnt state the scores for certain subject areas etc
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
according the times its 3 below oxford brookes
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Phil wats the website for the unofficial student guide
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not sure, I found it by following links, but lost the address. You could always go to the open day if you're unsure.

Phil
Phils Mate
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
no mate
i need some good fast reliable views not open days no time attm for dat.

Phils Mate
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry. How come you need the info fast m8?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
wot league table do u think is more realible the guardian or times?
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd go with the times.

Phil
Vin
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I would say The Times is the more reliable source, BUT only up to this year.

They added a "Destinations" column which I think totally ruins the whole league table, wrecking the rankings - absurd 20-place movements up and down of universities as a result. Now I think it has gone completely out-of-league for accuracy.

The problem with the new criterion is that they don't take into account what kind of employment students are in after graduation. For example, in this year's law subject rankings in The Times is completely screwed up beyond recognition. University of Reading has always been 30-ish to 40 for many years and this year, out of the blue, along with universities which are not acclaimed in law like Strathclyde make it to the top 10 of the list, all because of that extra column in the tables. Both of those universities happen to have a 100 percent employability score. It's preposterous. They can be employed for being waiters after graduation as far as I'm concerned, and that would still contribute to the points. On the other hand, top universities in this field are pushed down, for example King's and Leicester.

Now I would turn to the Guardian rankings. They are far more in league than the messed up Times.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Didn't know that. when does the new gaurdian 1 come out?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
So "PHIL" what are you doing at university ? and where do you thinbk you are going?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
sooooooooo
back to the original question, wots city uni like ? lol
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
So "PHIL" what are you doing at university ? and where do you thinbk you are going?
Hopefully economics and management at oxford, but probably won't get in.

Sorry for having drawn this of the topic though.

Phil
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads