Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conservationofmass)
    title
    Probably not, no. It will be seen equally to most other subjects. What course are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danb096)
    Probably not, no. It will be seen equally to most other subjects. What course are you applying to?
    Economics. I wouldn't see it as equal lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Economics. I wouldn't see it as equal lmao.
    I think most would agree that it's harder than most subjects, it's just unlikely that they will lower their offer as a result. Although I don't know how Warwick works specifically.

I would very much doubt you'd get a lower offer, since the economics course is really competitive. Also, people doing further maths almost get a 'free' A-level in normal maths, due to the natural progression of the A-levels. I see no reason why they'd lower the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex:)
    I would very much doubt you'd get a lower offer, since the economics course is really competitive. Also, people doing further maths almost get a 'free' A-level in normal maths, due to the natural progression of the A-levels. I see no reason why they'd lower the offer.
    Do any uni's give lower offers for further maths ?

Do any uni's give lower offers for further maths ?
    There's always exceptions, so some will give lower offers for further maths, mostly if it's a maths/engineering/science related course which doesn't require further maths in the first place.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.