Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Today, I've had at least 8 calls from unknown numbers. I haven't answered any of them but from looking up the numbers, some of them seem to be PPI cold calls. I might have had one or two of these calls before but never 8 on one day! Is this just a strange coincidence or is there anything I can do about this?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your number has got passed to a marketing company, and is now making the rounds. You can register on the TPS register - however it will be 28 days before companies are legally obliged not to call you. After 28 days, make a note of any company that calls you, make a complaint to the TPS, and the company directors can get in serious trouble if they are not checking against the TPS register (as it is a legal requirement).

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting a lot of these calls as well, usually just one or two per day though. They started all of a sudden out of nowhere with 4 or 5 per day and I've had way more than 20 altogether in the last 2 months. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about them, other than just ignoring them...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Sounds like your number has got passed to a marketing company, and is now making the rounds. You can register on the TPS register - however it will be 28 days before companies are legally obliged not to call you. After 28 days, make a note of any company that calls you, make a complaint to the TPS, and the company directors can get in serious trouble if they are not checking against the TPS register (as it is a legal requirement).
    I just did that, thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.