abim97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been told that I need to come up with a coursework idea in a few weeks so I need help with some ideas!! I'm interested in language and gender from my AS studies but I've also developed an interested in children's language development so i didn't know if i could combine the two together???? Help!!
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abim97)
I've been told that I need to come up with a coursework idea in a few weeks so I need help with some ideas!! I'm interested in language and gender from my AS studies but I've also developed an interested in children's language development so i didn't know if i could combine the two together???? Help!!
Well generally girls develop language faster than boys. (I refer to sex rather than 'gender' which is about sexuality and does not have any explicit connection to language development that I can think of). I suppose you could test this hypothesis if you had sufficient access to children. How you measure language development is more complicated and really depends on your own knowledge at present. I think tape recording a spontaneous speech sample would be best. You could describe the quantity and complexity of language used by the children. (This is actually something I have had to do at university myself so I could provide pointers).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads