Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that I need to come up with a coursework idea in a few weeks so I need help with some ideas!! I'm interested in language and gender from my AS studies but I've also developed an interested in children's language development so i didn't know if i could combine the two together???? Help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abim97)
    I've been told that I need to come up with a coursework idea in a few weeks so I need help with some ideas!! I'm interested in language and gender from my AS studies but I've also developed an interested in children's language development so i didn't know if i could combine the two together???? Help!!
    Well generally girls develop language faster than boys. (I refer to sex rather than 'gender' which is about sexuality and does not have any explicit connection to language development that I can think of). I suppose you could test this hypothesis if you had sufficient access to children. How you measure language development is more complicated and really depends on your own knowledge at present. I think tape recording a spontaneous speech sample would be best. You could describe the quantity and complexity of language used by the children. (This is actually something I have had to do at university myself so I could provide pointers).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2015

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.