The Student Room Group

Re-taking GCSE's whilst doing A-levels

I'm thinking of retaking GCSE Maths in November because i got a B and I was one mark off an A (sent for a remark but no change). I really want to do pharmacy at UCL or King's and even though a B is their minimum requirement, I don't think it's a good enough grade. I also got a B in English Lang so two B's in those subjects doesn't look good.

Would studying for GCSE maths be too much or will it affect my A-levels at all?
(edited 8 years ago)
I got a B in Maths and got into psych at UCL where their min is a B. It won't necessarily ruin your chances.
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
I got a B in Maths and got into psych at UCL where their min is a B. It won't necessarily ruin your chances.

What grades did you get in the rest of your GCSE's and A-levels (if you don't mind me asking :colondollar:)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 1295084
What grades did you get in GCSE's and A-levels (if you don't mind me asking :colondollar:)

Applied with:
GCSE: AAAAAABBBCC
AS: AAAA

Got after offer:
A2: A*A*A*a*(EPQ)
Reply 4
Bump
I had a friend who resat maths with a B too, she did it because she was doing economics and wanted an A I suppose for when she was applying to university. It was no big deal, she sat it with a couple other people, got an A and that was that.

I don't think it really disrupted her AS Levels as it was a build on what she already knew rather than learning something completely new, so if you think you could do it, then I'd suggest to do it. But other than Durham, UCL, Cambridge and Oxford, I don't think many Universities look too closely at what you got a GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest