Turn on thread page Beta

Signs your friend fancies you watch

What are some signs?

Friends think that my friend likes me because of:

pet names calling each other cute things etc? But we do the same I think to all our friends
    Going above and beyond for me (but he would do that for any bestie)
    Talking all the time etc (but I do that with we do that with a lot of friends)
    saying you're beautiful (but again we say this to friends all the time not a big deal)
    hanging around all the time/ doing things together (aagain normal in friendships)
    inviting me out all the time with his friends (normal friendship)

like he's a wonderful friend, and I think guys and girls can be friends, but them saying we're secretly in love with each other is disturbing me because I honestly don't think we are, but at the same time I would totally date my friend lmao

ReputationRep:
    I think he secretly fancies you too from what I read.

ReputationRep:
    If he's got a stalk on, that's a good indicator.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It seems like you've justified each point but from the outside it looks like he could fancy you or he's just really close.

ReputationRep:
    Checking your Facebook profile 50 times a day.

(Original post by callum_law)
    If he's got a stalk on, that's a good indicator.
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Checking your Facebook profile 50 times a day.
    I know he stalks me on facebook because I went on his laptop and I was on his recent searches, but I search my friends all the time too- its not that significant

(Original post by SeanFM)
    It seems like you've justified each point but from the outside it looks like he could fancy you or he's just really close.
    yeah I think we're pretty close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know he stalks me on facebook because I went on his laptop and I was on his recent searches, but I search my friends all the time too- its not that significant
    Yeah, when I said "got a stalk on", I didn't mean he was searching you on FB.

(Original post by callum_law)
    Yeah, when I said "got a stalk on", I didn't mean he was searching you on FB.
    lol I don't follow- im guessing that's something sexual
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My best friend is a girl and the amount of **** we took from people in our group of friends at uni was ridiculous. Everyday it was he likes you, she likes you, she thinks you're attractive, he's hung up on you, you two are perfect for each other... it got so bloody annoying I mean focus on your own lives! It reached the stage where we wouldn't take pictures together and would avoid each other on nights out cos everyone took the piss. Even her closest friends were convinced there was something going on.

To an outsider yeh it probably does look like i'm in love with her, but we're just incredibly close. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her but when you're that close to someone you just don't see them in that way.

What i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

(Original post by sr90)
    My best friend is a girl and the amount of **** we took from people in our group of friends at uni was ridiculous. Everyday it was he likes you, she likes you, she thinks you're attractive, he's hung up on you, you two are perfect for each other... it got so bloody annoying I mean focus on your own lives! It reached the stage where we wouldn't take pictures together and would avoid each other on nights out cos everyone took the piss. Even her closest friends were convinced there was something going on.

To an outsider yeh it probably does look like i'm in love with her, but we're just incredibly close. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her but when you're that close to someone you just don't see them in that way.

What i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
    That's really sad it affected your relationship that deeply-- that's ridiculous
    Yeah its true that it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What are some signs?

Friends think that my friend likes me because of:

pet names calling each other cute things etc? But we do the same I think to all our friends
    Going above and beyond for me (but he would do that for any bestie)
    Talking all the time etc (but I do that with we do that with a lot of friends)
    saying you're beautiful (but again we say this to friends all the time not a big deal)
    hanging around all the time/ doing things together (aagain normal in friendships)
    inviting me out all the time with his friends (normal friendship)

like he's a wonderful friend, and I think guys and girls can be friends, but them saying we're secretly in love with each other is disturbing me because I honestly don't think we are, but at the same time I would totally date my friend lmao
    This sounds like I'm reading my life hahaha

I was friends with a guy who literally did all those things.
    Turns out he did fancy me and had done for a few years...
    We ended up going out.
    But it didn't work out.

Sometimes dating friends doesn't go as planned
    My experience is that he was like in love with me and I think I just went out with him because he was there and he adored me. He put more into it than me and that was the downfall.

Hope this helped

(Original post by buzzbeebee)
    This sounds like I'm reading my life hahaha

I was friends with a guy who literally did all those things.
    Turns out he did fancy me and had done for a few years...
    We ended up going out.
    But it didn't work out.

Sometimes dating friends doesn't go as planned
    My experience is that he was like in love with me and I think I just went out with him because he was there and he adored me. He put more into it than me and that was the downfall.

Hope this helped

aww thanks for your reply really insightful. I definitely think I have a romantic attraction with said friend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.