Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Noticed that there isn't a thread yet for this years applicants. So have you written your PS yet, what are your predicted grades, any reason for choosing Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe no one has applied yet.. Maybe I'm just an early bird.. or bloke I mean:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibraa)
    I can't believe no one has applied yet.. Maybe I'm just an early bird.. or bloke I mean:P
    Hey, I'm applying to Bristol and I just got my personal statement checked so ill be (hopefully) sending my stuff off tomorrow (how scary :/ ) My predictions are 3A* (Doubt I'll get that though) and I've chosen Bristol because I love the city and the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy.burns)
    Hey, I'm applying to Bristol and I just got my personal statement checked so ill be (hopefully) sending my stuff off tomorrow (how scary :/ ) My predictions are 3A* (Doubt I'll get that though) and I've chosen Bristol because I love the city and the course
    Well done! As Bristol is PS heavy (80%) it is definitely a good idea to get as many people to proof-read it as you can.. What work experience do you have? Most important, why did you decide to pursue such a competitive career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibraa)
    Well done! As Bristol is PS heavy (80%) it is definitely a good idea to get as many people to proof-read it as you can.. What work experience do you have? Most important, why did you decide to pursue such a competitive career?
    Thanks I've done GP, neonatal and pediatric in terms of medical WE. Ive also done: 2 years voluntary St Johns Ambulance, 1 year 4th stage dementia ward, cooking in a homeless shelter in my holidays, and 2 schools for children with special needs (adding up to a year in total). I REALLY want to pursue medicine due to fact its an altruistic career with loads of contact with people, and I've always loved science (particularly biology and chemistry )

What about you? What are you stats like?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's a lot of work experience! I've already achieved A*A*A* last year and went on a gap year to get a better insight into medicine. I shadowed a GP, worked at an ICU ward with a anaesthetist and finally with a research fellow at the same ward.

My motivation is that I love science and the thought of using it to heal people and make a difference is thrilling and would be very satisfying.

ReputationRep:
    Wow congrats on your results! you must be super smart Where else are you thinking of applying, and have you done UKCAT yet?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks. Super-smart: No, motivated: yes I am yet to do my UKCAT and tbh although I'm applying to a couple of other unis, I would only accept an offer from Bristol as I really like the course content.. You?

ReputationRep:
    Woah you must be really set on bristol! I'm also applying to Cardiff, Nottingham and Southampton - I'd be so happy if any of these places take me

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's: 2A*'s 9A's 1C
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A2 Levels: A*A*A

what are my chances ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinamarina)
    GCSE's: 2A*'s 9A's 1C
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A2 Levels: A*A*A

what are my chances ?
    As we said earlier it's only 20% marks and 80% Personal Statement, so your chance rest with your PS..

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I know that this thread has been dead for over 2 years but I have a question for those who are already studying med at Bristol. So I'm an EU student and although I got 3 interviews ,I've been rejected from 2 of them so kinda losing hope. Bristol sent me a rejection pre interview but gave me a place in biomed. Does anyone know weather they might allow me to transfer in med after a year? of course by re taking UKCAT and having good results from biomed?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.