Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What unis and courses are people applying to? and have you started your personal statement yet? Anyone finding it difficult to write about themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliebrealey98)
    What unis and courses are people applying to? and have you started your personal statement yet? Anyone finding it difficult to write about themselves?
    I'm applying to 5 different unis (Anglia Ruskin, Bedfordshire, Portsmouth, Winchester and Wolverhampton) for Drama and English Literature mostly, but also English Language + Literature Combined!

I've started my Personal Statement, and I'm finding it difficult to get the balance between both drama and english right!

What unis and courses are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! I've only chosen 3 unis at th moment which are Bournemouth, Kingston university and University of Westminster. I want to do law and I haven't started my personal statement yet, I'm finding it awfully difficult to start it off haha! I know that once I start I'll be ok but it's just the first few sentences that I'm struggling with! I know there's a lot of templates and examples online so maybe those could be useful! 😃

ReputationRep:
    I want to do chemical engineering, I am applying to Cambridge, Birmingham, Bath, Manchester and one other (not sure yet!)
    Our school oxbridge deadline is on Friday so I'm just n the final stages of my PS

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! I've only chosen 3 unis at th moment which are Bournemouth, Kingston university and University of Westminster. I want to do law and I haven't started my personal statement yet, I'm finding it awfully difficult to start it off haha! I know that once I start I'll be ok but it's just the first few sentences that I'm struggling with! I know there's a lot of templates and examples online so maybe those could be useful! 😃
    My advice from my tutor when I was at college (I'm currently on a gap year) is that you complete your introductory paragraph las, and do the main body of your personal statement first as some students find that way easier! It could work for you!

Law sounds great! I had a friend who studied Law at A Level and she said it was very interesting! Is it just a single honours, or would you be interested in a joint honours too?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Milliebrealey98!

My name is Patricia and I am actually a final year law student at Bournemouth University and also a student ambassador on behalf of them!

I remember when I had to do my personal statement and being in the same situation as you on not knowing where to start! Most people would say write about why you chose to study law, and I definitely agree that it is worth stating your reasons but I would say my top tip would be to also include what area/areas of law are you interested in? Have you done any work experience? If yes, how did this impact your decision? I think these questions would focus you more on what your trying to say in your personal statement (which is hopefully your enthusiasm about Law)

Another top tip, is to get people to read it, your tutors at college, your parents/careers they will help you make sure, your sentence structure and grammar convey the message you want it to. After reading a piece of writing so many times, you begin to read what you think is there and not what is actually there.

Hope this makes sense, if not, feel free to ask more questions or private message me

Good Luck

Patricia

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.