How often should you shower/bath? Watch

HenryKenry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I only have baths, hate showers. And its usually two or three times a week, I feel as if this is not a lot...
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How often you should shower or bath will vary by person, particularly within racial groups. Studies have shown it's not good for our skin or hair to shower/bath and use products on our skin and hair everyday. This is particularly true for those of African decent as their hair is much more prone to breakage and damage.

I personally shower every day though despite this.
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Actually my mum only showers a handful of times a year and the rest of the time has a sink wash/hair wash.. and it's never caused any problems xD other than being a bit weird
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for me it depends, i usually shower every other day unless theres a reason for me to shower (sweaty, going out, work etc) though if im not going anywhere and im off work i might not bother with a shower for two days. Im not a big sweater so its not much of an issue.

Ive had exactly one bath in the last 18 months though
Technetium
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What the actual f.

I'm surprised that some of you bathe/shower every other day or intermittently. Don't you feel grimy?! I shower 2 times a day, exfoliate 3 times a week and moisturise everyday. I love the fresh and clean feeling showers give me. Tbh I don't think I'd be able to function properly if I didn't shower everyday.
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Technetium)
What the actual f.

I'm surprised that some of you bathe/shower every other day or intermittently. Don't you feel grimy?! I shower 2 times a day, exfoliate 3 times a week and moisturise everyday. I love the fresh and clean feeling showers give me. Tbh I don't think I'd be able to function properly if I didn't shower everyday.
Showering twice a day is ridiculous, you may feel clean but you are damaging your skin so when your older and your skin is damaged you wont look very clean.
Jeniecechantelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I shower as soon as I get back home from college/every day, and have done so since I can remember...
there are 7 days in a week, washing for only 2/3 days sounds abit dirty but then again peoples bodies are different and may be able to sustain a decent amount of hygiene with a lower amount of baths per week
Cherie Amour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is this a flipping question?
Cherie Amour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
for me it depends, i usually shower every other day unless theres a reason for me to shower (sweaty, going out, work etc) though if im not going anywhere and im off work i might not bother with a shower for two days. Im not a big sweater so its not much of an issue.

Ive had exactly one bath in the last 18 months though
*blinks*
MissML
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I shower every morning...the thought of not doing it as often is.... Ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whenever I go out, which isn't very often.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Technetium
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HenryKenry)
Showering twice a day is ridiculous, you may feel clean but you are damaging your skin so when your older and your skin is damaged you wont look very clean.
Not necessarily. Considering I moisturise everyday and use products that improve elasticity and have "nourishing" ingredients vs people who barely moisturise I'd say my skin will be flawless when I'm older.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Everyday or every other day.
silverbolt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cherie Amour)
*blinks*
at what?
ayeeel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An article about this recently: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10065854.html (OK, it's aimed at women, but I think it applies to all.)

Note that it says: "The NHS advises that to maintain a basic level of hygiene, a person must wash their face and brush their teeth daily; clean their hands after using the toilet; wash their genital and anal area each day; and fully bath or shower at least twice a week". (TMI?) I'm not sure where it got this information from though.
pulbex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hevachan)
Actually my mum only showers a handful of times a year and the rest of the time has a sink wash/hair wash.. and it's never caused any problems xD other than being a bit weird

together with my friend's mother
stochasticking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This shouldn't even be a question. Shower or bathe every day.
zyzzyspirit
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Every morning and then after gym. I've been told using shampoo that often won't do my hair any good, but eh :dontknow:
marco14196
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Shower once a day whilst I'm at naval college(when I have the time to do so) in the night. Like to feel refreshed before going to sleep. Helps me sleep through the night and wake up feeling good.
Mr JB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I shower twice per day.

Once in the morning and once in the evening.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads