The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography or GCSE Computer Science

I can't choose between the two, its been frustrating and has been stressing me out. Please help!
I take Geography GCSE, and I love it (I plan to take it for a level). I know that I personally never liked computer science, but for some people it is straight forward and fun, and can be a very helpful subject in the future (although this obviously depends on what you want to do in the future).
Which do you currently enjoy more?
What other subjects are you taking?
I changed my gcse options on the day that I was meant to sumbit my choices (changed my mind from photography to RS Full course), so I'm not sure how much time you have to decide, but asking friends and family who perhaps have taken either geography or computer science (or both) could help you make a final decision

If you have any questions about gcse geography, feel free to ask :smile:
I took both.
I hated both.
B in geography, A in computer science
Original post by Txhmid
I can't choose between the two, its been frustrating and has been stressing me out. Please help!

Pick Geography!!! I do both and I absolutely hate computing. I did geography a year early and managed to get an A*! Computing is so goddamn long and complicated. The coursework is just a joke! Geography was one a my favourite subjects. It's not easy, yet it's still manageable. Pick geography!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Computing is an amazing subject, which opens doors for you in both alevels and uni courses. It is so easy to learn, and once you know it, it stays with you forever. I got A* in computing, it was as easy as that!
Your getting very different answers. I would say geography but it kinda depends what you like more. Is computer science like coding?
Original post by Kholmes1
Your getting very different answers. I would say geography but it kinda depends what you like more. Is computer science like coding?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
That's tough ! Both of them are really good subject. Why don't you do both ? What subjects are you doing ?
Reply 8
I'm doing French Sociology and Geography at the moment.
Original post by Txhmid

I do both of them.
Computing is really good but really hard. Geography is much easier.
Coursework for the both are very time consuming. However, Geography has a much easier style of coursework, whereas computing has two computing coursework. They are 30% each of your final grade.
If you want to work with computers take computing.
If not do geography.
Computing coursework caused me to spend every lunch and 1 hour after school every day for 3 weeks. That was just for one coursework. However, if you have a really keen interest on computing you will love it.
Original post by Zaza2000
I do both of them.
Computing is really good but really hard. Geography is much easier.
Coursework for the both are very time consuming. However, Geography has a much easier style of coursework, whereas computing has two computing coursework. They are 30% each of your final grade.
If you want to work with computers take computing.
If not do geography.
Computing coursework caused me to spend every lunch and 1 hour after school every day for 3 weeks. That was just for one coursework. However, if you have a really keen interest on computing you will love it.

Do you do ocr computing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Geography defo, i'm in year 11 and we get to go the beach to chill and to do field work as well etc. but on the academic side, it's very ineteresting (except from rivers in my opinion)
Original post by monkeyboy18000
Do you do ocr computing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup how did you know?
Original post by Zaza2000
Yup how did you know?

It sounds very similar to mine. Do you have any tips on how do well on the theory party. I have absolutely no idea yet I am aiming for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another answer. I would have to do geography because I presume you are doing it. Also you could always do computer science at college or somthing. Even though its only gcse geography could lead you more places unless you want to work with computers.
It sounds very similar to mine. Do you have any tips on how do well on the theory party. I have absolutely no idea yet I am aiming for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well personally, I'm not taking computing for A-Level, so I'm just going to learn the information and not really bother understanding it if you get what I mean. I'm aiming for an A*, just go over notes and try memorising them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a revision guide u can buy

Quick Reply

Latest