Turn on thread page Beta

Interesting Facts about Moments? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a project to do on moments for physics, and it needs to be interesting so was wondering if anyone knew any good facts? Can only find boring generic ones online

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erloean)
    I have a project to do on moments for physics, and it needs to be interesting so was wondering if anyone knew any good facts? Can only find boring generic ones online

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it was about momentum, I could help you write a thesis on that , but I have no ideas about moments . I think moments is rather a difficult topic to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erloean)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what sort of facts aren't you interested in and what level is it for?

Moments as we learn and use them today are derived from the 'law of the lever' discovered by Archimedes.

Probably the second most famous utterance attributed to Archimedes is "Give me a lever and a fulcrum and I shall move the world" (various versions exist) and apart from leaping out of a bathtub Archimedes is often depicted as a giant levering the planet Earth with a crowbar.
    Name:  archimedes.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  19.1 KB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.