Turn on thread page Beta

I can't study at home, what can I do? watch

I have started studying with the OU. I live in a rural area (no local library) and I have no car or any money. I am really struggling to study at home. I can hear everything in the house from my bedroom. My mother is deaf in one ear and so she talks very loud. I can hear her when she has a conversation on the phone and then she comes into my room and repeats the conversation word for word at least twice. It is not nice as it is very stressful listening as she is practically screaming. My dad also comes in my room without knocking asking me to do things for him. I have tried explaining to him to come in the evening and I will do it for him because I am busy but he just barges in. On top of this my niece comes over and it is non stop crying.

I have MH problems and this makes concentrating hard for me. This course is important to me as I have poured all my savings into it to try to make a better future for myself. I appreciate that my parents are letting me live in their house but they make no effort to help me with my studies. I do not know what to do or where to go. It has gotten so bad that I am struggling to sleep at night and have started crying randomly because I am struggling to study. I have tried looking at renting an office (seeing as it is cheaper than renting) but this is 3k p/a without internet and I do not have the funds. I have looked at getting a job for three months now but because my area is so rural there are no jobs which I can apply for locally. The only jobs that there are require certificates (e.g. engineering, beautician) I don't have. I have looked for receptionist jobs, store jobs, office jobs and there are none. :-(

Oh, I forgot to add my niece is a baby.

bump

ReputationRep:
    exactly on the same boat as you... im taking a year out to improve my grades and its honestly like living in hell!!

my parents expect me to revise 6/7hours a day, i barely meet my friends anymore!! and sometimes i just honestly feel the need to cry! i also have younger siblings as-well as a brother with special needs and sometimes it gets so tough having to work around him... anyway i really think you should set yourself goals which you think are achievable and revise a few hours everyday with past papers, textbooks, youtube videos and so on, anything really relating to your subject or course. Try not to be too hard on yourself and take breaks in-between hopefully it should all work out if you make it your everyday routine, it'll eventually stick to you!

ahh anyway i hope things work out for you in the end, im sure they will tho but keeping making Dua (if ur a muslim lol) and insha allah the grades will come shooting at you!!

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should have a big meeting with your parents or even a fight to settle this problem. talk seriously what you want to your parents. just try one time to not tolerate with your parents. It may not work just one try but atleast try. You can show your determination and persistent to your parents in long term. i think maybe this is the only way. maybe this will lead to a long fight but atleast let them know what youre thinking. Sometimes we humans have to be persistent to make something right. i think they will understand and finnaly make a difference and support you one day if you keep and always show your determination on the thing you are determined in. Why people start a war, thats because they have no option. If thats the only way to change your all around grades and studys and even life try doing it.talk to your parents seriously.Beside, there is always other ways than having a fight. Maybe you can make their heart and thoughts open or change by letting them understand by using the way they can understand.(actions, photos, their history, words) try move their deep, inner heart.Thats what i think, hope this will help you atleast a little. Lastly, Dont give up on youself!! Dont strees yourself too much !!!Sry that i cant write things easy to understand bcs of my lack of vocab and grammar knowledge in english. Anyways good luck !!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.