Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, so I currently have an hp stream which I purchased April time I did get anti virus with it, but it's terrible no end of problems at the moment it is working ok but for how long I really don't know. I am considering getting a MacBook Air using the student discount they offer, just wondered how reliable are they as paying that much money I want something that will last and do its job. I'm a second year nursing student I really need something reliable for all of the directed study/essays/research that we have to do is it worth the money?
    Also is it compatible with office 365 which my uni gives us for free?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    It is compatible with office and it absolutely worth it. Mine is already 2 years old, but it is lightning quick and the battery holds approx 6 hours of web browsing.

ReputationRep:
    you can also get a refurbished one from apple, they are much cheaper there

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste money on a MacBook, your virus problems might be due to your browsing, downloads etc.

Even with student discount it's tempting but unless you need it for digital content creation such as movie making, or photo editing then go ahead.

The HP stream is not what I would call a proper laptop. It's more of a non touch windows tablet. There are plenty of other high spec laptops and value for money than MacBook Air

Top List of laptops for me which I've used and tested

Lenovo yoga 3
    Dell Inspiron 4000 series
    Dell XPS 13
    Acer Aspire v3
    Lenovo y50

Top it off with a good anti virus such as bit defender or kaspersky and change the way you use your computer then you shouldn't have any issues.

I think most users will agree with my long and unnecessary post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, the only reason I say I want the Mac is because iv had 4 laptops in as many years all failing me. The hp I got from of world after being advised it was good for what I needed and I purchased the internet protection recommended I seem to always have the same problem but I only use it for studies not anything more as I use my iPad and phone for other needs, it's annoying as I want to just have something trust worthy rather than, Keep having to spend money.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.