Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have BA hons psychosocial studies 2:1 .

I am interested in becoming a solicitor. Please can you tell me which clear routes I could take and how long it would take .The fact that I didn't study law as an undergraduate everything just seems so confusing in terms of which route is the best to take ? If you could give me a time table of how the next few years of my life will look would be great !

ReputationRep:
    Your next step is to complete a graduate diploma in law (GDL). After that you would need to do a Legal Practice Course (LPC).

You then need to undertake a training contract which is essentially vocational training.

This page at the Solicitors Regulation Authority explains it in detail:

http://www.sra.org.uk/students/academic-stage.page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mindspace)
    Your next step is to complete a graduate diploma in law (GDL). After that you would need to do a Legal Practice Course (LPC).

You then need to undertake a training contract which is essentially vocational training.

This page at the Solicitors Regulation Authority explains it in detail:

http://www.sra.org.uk/students/academic-stage.page
    This is the most common route, you can apply for training contracts now and the firm would fund your GDL and LPC (not much funding available for either and if you were funding yourself, VERY expensive).

In addition you could do a 2 year fast track LL.B. degree. And, you could also qualify as a legal executive through CILEX and then qualify as a solicitor through them as well.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.