Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that it's one of the fancier colleges and that the students tend to be quite arrogant etc. Can any current students comment on this? Is it really THAT bad? Could anyone tell me more about the environment at this college and how they've experienced it.

ReputationRep:
    I personally have noticed that Christ Church is populated by people who care a lot about prestige and the name of the college. Thus you tend to get a lot of the public school snooty types. It's a self selecting applicant pool.

You get snooty types at every college though so it's impossible to avoid. Pick it if you like it!

ReputationRep:
    My friends at Christ Church don't seem to be particularly snobby.

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of the college stereotypes are largely unfounded. They tend to shuffle applicants around a load anyway so even if it did attract a lot of "public school snooty types", chances are that of those who are offered a place this demographic would make up a pretty small portion.

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of lovely people from Christ Church.

I can think of a few from Christ Church who fit into "posh" stereotype (though that is quite different from being arrogant), but I'm not sure that there are more of them at Christ Church, it's just then when I meet someone slightly posher from Christ Church, I associated them with the stereotype, whereas when I meet someone slightly posher from another college, I don't think anything of it.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.