Are you starting this year?
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Moonshine
Unfortunely, yes.
It will be hard work having to commute. And unless you live really close to the uni you will miss out on the whole social life thing too.
Kates
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes, providing i get a B in chemistry
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by It'sPhil...
my sister gwent to exeter (graduated a week ago) an d she ses its full of really toffy types. Everyone there is upper class rich kid type person and a lot of them are snobs but not all. Just thought i'd say cos it is notorious for its upperclassness more so than oxbridge possibly
Yeah I had heard that a lot, they say it is all the rich kids who can't get into oxbridge. Maybe thats why they can get away with charging £98 a week to live in their halls.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Kates
yes, providing i get a B in chemistry
That is three of us for exeter inc. ollie so far then! Any more?
Kates
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wot r u studying?

ollies best mate is going there too, but not till next year.
Kates
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my sister gwent to exeter (graduated a week ago) an d she ses its full of really toffy types. Everyone there is upper class rich kid type person and a lot of them are snobs but not all. Just thought i'd say cos it is notorious for its upperclassness more so than oxbridge possibly
when ollie and i went on the open day it did seem quite like that. A lot of the ppl there were considering oxbridge (not us tho!) and a lot of them came from surrey too which was kinda weird cos we all knew the same ppl.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam
It will be hard work having to commute. And unless you live really close to the uni you will miss out on the whole social life thing too.
I live about a 15 Mins walk from the Uni of Glamorgan and oppisite the Uni of Glamorgan is a train station.

I know what you mean though about the social life. I wanna leave home but the parents are like money money think of the money!
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mech engineering, same as ollie!

Are you his girlfriend then? I've only just twigged.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live about a 15 Mins walk from the Uni of Glamorgan and oppisite the Uni of Glamorgan is a train station.

I know what you mean though about the social life. I wanna leave home but the parents are like money money think of the money!
Thats not too bad then, if you are local. I had a friend who commuted from notts to leicester uni, and hated it, in fact he dropped out after about 3 months.
Kates
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol! yep 2 1/2 years

cool- so u guys will be studing together! guess i'll see u there then!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is so strange... People from this forum will actually bump into each other at University.

The only person I know in my year who is definfly going to Uni of Glam is a really annoying trumpet player to study French

But I know 1 of my best friends is going to Cardiff to study English.

Honent, opinion now.

If you got BBC or BBB or even ABB in ASs and even though you knew your parents would kill you , would you apply somewhere where you would have to live on campus?
Kates
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you got BBC or BBB or even ABB in ASs and even though you knew your parents would kill you , would you apply somewhere where you would have to live on campus?
yeah i would, i think living on campus is a big part of the whole experience. I wouldnt wanna miss out on the social life etc.
You might need to try and persuade your parents tho - considering they will help to support u financially! What course are you considering? You may be able to apply for a scholarship - for chem and law i have been offered a £2000 scholarship if i get AAB - depends what grades you can achieve.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Honent, opinion now.

Don't let your parents make this decision for you, it's not theirs to make!

You could try and get a part-time job and start saving some cash now, and the max loan is £4000 a year, though about £1500 - £3000 will be needed to cover rent, depending where you go.
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if i get BBB at Alevels i shall depart to the realms of leeds to study economics and geography.ya.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam
You could try and get a part-time job
You may wanna read chit-chat for my blow by blow account of an interview I had today - the best ever interview in the history of interviews! I find out tomorrow afternoon!

Other problem is open days. I'm not applying to any University unless I have been there but my mother is scared of driving and my dad can't drive - I'll only just be learning because I turn 17 in June.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
**** sounds like they are treating you badly before you've even got the job! Oh well good luck.

If you let things like this hold you back you might, and I only say might, be kicking yourself later. You could always use public transport, even though it is really terrible. Your mother is scared of what exactly? They driving?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads