Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to my parents' financial situation, I have no choice other than to work in a gap year so that I have money, outside of student loans, for university.

What are the best paid jobs for someone straight out of sixth form?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    work nights (im currently doing that, in a supermarket)👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation, OP. My parents probably could support me financially, but I don't want to put any more stress on them. It's as much an opportunity to earn money as it is to gain relevant work experience before graduating.

Right now I'm just working part-time to get out of my overdraft at a supermarket. It might seem unimpressive, but employers actually look favourably on a candidate that has had some "real" work experience and have had to build themselves up financially (as opposed to going to going to a volunteer camp on your parents dime).
    Source: http://www.theguardian.com/education...ob-hsbc-lawyer

I'm also considering teaching abroad later on in the year with TEFL, or at least studying for a qualification which I can use after my graduation. You have to pay for the course itself, but you are paid for teaching contracts which you take. This might be worth looking into if you want to earn money while also padding out your CV.

ReputationRep:
    I work as a dog walker getting £250 a week which is brilliant! easy to start a business and a large number of people want their dogs walked start with low prices and increase as you go along

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.