Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just started to experience pain and fatigue in my throat, it is also dry what does that mean?
    i hope its not something serious and it can be easily treated 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neymar Heart)
    i just started to experience pain and fatigue in my throat, it is also dry what does that mean?
    i hope its not something serious and it can be easily treated 100%
    Have you just started a new year at school or college? Or just moved into uni?

Îf yes its most likely "freshers flu" because your around lots of new people with different bugs/germs/stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are your tonsils swollen/got white bits? may be worth getting checked out for tonsiliitis/glandular fever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Have you just started a new year at school or college? Or just moved into uni?

Îf yes its most likely "freshers flu" because your around lots of new people with different bugs/germs/stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well i just started my last year at highschool and the new year 7s have come could it be...... but i git this same thing last time and that was after singing but thus time i didnt sing my voice has started to come back and i literally just started to feel it then and the amount of voice that came back it has minimised again so i kinda lost my voice i hope i get it back very soon i just dont know what went wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samwin)
    are your tonsils swollen/got white bits? may be worth getting checked out for tonsiliitis/glandular fever
    I dont think so maybe a little bit

ReputationRep:
    Weird. had similar to the OP but had protected sex with a prostitute on holiday..... Stupid drunken mistake. been advised by a sexual health professional that i am fine and nothing to worry about. 2 weeks after encounter my throat feels inflamed and tight still... And the white bits thing struck a chord as two times i have had white strips at the back if my throat which i cleared by coughing. Perhaps need to get checked for glandular fever and tonsilitis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try just gargling with mouth wash or salt water a few times a day for a few days and see what happens? Might just be a minor thing that you can get rid of yourself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.