Turn on thread page Beta

Question to guys in a long term relationship...Why haven't you asked? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm currently writing a piece about long term relationships and engagement.

I'm asking the question which is on every girls mind..

"Why hasn't he proposed?"

If you are currently in a long term relationship I'd love to hear your 'why'.

***EDIT*** Would you accept if your Girlfriend asked you?

Fake name:

Thanks!

Fake name: Joshua
    Why: Money, time and the fact that we've not lived together yet. We have different circumstances to most in terms of everything but yeah, that's pretty much it to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonTan)
    Hi!

Fake name: B

Thanks!

Fake name: Bruce Wayne

Why:

- Still too young.Have to focus on career now, will probably start to think about marriage when 30+
    - Want to earn more money & be more financial stable before thinking about marriage and starting a family
    - Becoming increasingly disillusioned with idea of of marriage in today's society (50% of marriages end in divorce?...no thanks, jeff) + hard to see benefits of marriage for men (especially given increased feminisation of society, i.e likelihood wife will be strongly favoured in event of divorce)

ReputationRep:
    'On every girl's mind'? I'm not sure that's true. :/ In fact there may be some men who are ready for marriage and their partners are not.

Besides, girls who think such a question seem entitled to me. Expecting a guy to do something you would never do is stupid. Many couples talk about marriage to each other and agree to go for it together anyway but if these women want to get married so much, why don't they propose? It'd make a nice change if that became a thing. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonTan)
    Hi!

Fake name:

Thanks!
    Paul
    3 years

Too much going on at the moment in my life, want to finish uni and with such a high amount of marriages ending in divorce I'm not sure I fancy it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jabroni
    1.5 yrs

Too many things to sort out in our lives atm. Would prefer to live together for an exorbitant amount of time first. Also, nobody has been able to explain the benefits of being married in this country/western culture has no structure. Will think about it again in a few years, but it's too early right now.

ReputationRep:
    Fake name: Lucy
    Together: 6 Years

I'm waiting! :P but in reality its got to he when he's ready and we both want to be at the peak of our careers so that we can afford the engagement and wedding. Too many marriages end in divorce by rushing in to things. Although I know we will get married, i just think its best to wait until your emotionally and financially stable. Also when we get married we want to move to a house in the country and right now we're not ready to give ip the London life!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you these are all very insightful

ReputationRep:
    Name: Yeezy
    Reason: We want prenup, we want prenup yeah! It something that you need to have cause when she leaves your ass, she gonna leave with half.

:flute:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.