Turn on thread page Beta

I had my first ever starbuck today and... watch

ReputationRep:
    I was underwhelmed. What's the big fuss?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know, i felt like that as well when i had my first starbucks

ReputationRep:
    did you try the pizza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksandcats)
    I don't even know, i felt like that as well when i had my fist starbucks
    hehe well I'm glad I did I usually avoid it like a plague. Now I have that crossed off my bucket list it's time to try eating a chipotle for the first time. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0GNI2SumwMn

ReputationRep:
    It's McDonald's for the middle classes.

ReputationRep:
    its just a trend, just because everyone else likes it doesnt mean you have to like it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks kinda scares me, I don't think you'll ever so many screechy teenage white girls in one place.

On the bright side, they do have free wifi.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Go with friends, drink some frappucino's, have a laugh

ReputationRep:
    Same.

(don't really have much to say about it, too much fuss to order a very poor coffee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    I was underwhelmed. What's the big fuss?
    I've only had it once. Starbucks is good for those who love coffee. I had a sip of coffee recently and hated it.

ReputationRep:
    **** Starbucks and their pretentious bull**** and their pretentious customers who order pretentious iced caramel lattes with whipped cream and sprinkles. What the **** is that thing anyway, you hosting the Diabetes World Championships or something? Go evade some taxes or something. Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow black guy I'm slightly uncomfortable by the poshness of your accent. Why are you trying to emulate the way our oppressors speak?

I'm very anti cultural assimilation, that is, we as black/brown people shouldn't succumb to being pressured to look and speak like our oppressors. For our girls this means not wearing wigs and weaves, for example, instead they should proudly flaunt their natural hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    As a fellow black guy I'm slightly uncomfortable by the poshness of your accent. Why are you trying to emulate the way our oppressors speak?

I'm very anti cultural assimilation, that is, we as black/brown people shouldn't succumb to being pressured to look and speak like our oppressors. For our girls this means not wearing wigs and weaves, for example, instead they should proudly flaunt their natural hair.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Yo4SjjZHba

ReputationRep:
    Idk I really don't like their coffee or hot chocolate, way too strong!!! I much prefer Costa I'd never order food at either because of the price

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain that the singular form of Starbucks is still Starbucks; or possibly, Starbeau.

ReputationRep:
    It's tasteless, the buzz is ineffective, and it costs waaaay too much.

I just walk in and use the wifi without ordering.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly didn't have the Pumpkin whitegirl apple macbook nerd spice supreme instagram selfie latte

ReputationRep:
    KC WINS THE THREAD AGAIN.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's comical that you would question my ethnicity when your whole life is a never ending quest to appealing to our oppressors. I mean you changed the way you to speak in a bid to come across as less threatening. It's no secret that white people stereotype young black men who speak and dress in a certain way with coded labels such as urban and thuggish. I would love to hear how your siblings or even parents sound I bet that there would be a stark difference.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.