Turn on thread page Beta

Can/How do i get into MIT if im British? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ny2ko)
    Got rejected too man! happens. Props btw manga artist.
    I'm going to do my A-level maths in Year 11, then do further maths (6 modules) and additional further maths (remaining modules) in yearly succession in sixthform in parrallel to Physics, Latin and Philosophy.

Could you please tell me if it would be wise to take Chemistry A-level (perhaps swap it with one of the others) to show my love of science?

Your help is appreciated.

Sorry for taking your time.

ReputationRep:
    US schools don't mind if you study other things. The religion or whatever won't hurt you, although it isn't taught at all in state high schools in the US. In the US you have to study a lot of English, foreign language, and history in high school, and it is considered good to be well rounded.

If you are applying to MIT, you should probably also apply to Caltech. The schools are fairly similar, although Caltech is twice as far away. It is hard to know how US schools make admissions decisions, and most people apply to many schools.

MIT is extremely intense and you will be studying all the time.

I don't see the reason to go there over Oxbridge. It doesn't have medieval buildings or a tutorial system. Plus, there are issues about fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathplustutornj)
    I don't see the reason to go there over Oxbridge. It doesn't have medieval buildings or a tutorial system. Plus, there are issues about fees.
    Not everyone is looking for medieval buildings or a tutorial system. Additionally, for those from lower incomes the top US universities are far more affordable than UK alternatives.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.