Ocr P6 Watch

This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I completelely zoned out . It wasn't even a hard paper I dunno what happened I just got all sweaty then I couldn't see properly then when I sorted myself out I couldn't read what I'd written. I dunno what to dooooo I feel like I've messed everything up

D1 was okay but I made the stupidest error ever I've realised and so I got my inequality wrong, so I was working with the wrong region on my graph. So I answered a bunch of questions about the profit using the wrong region, will I get all the marks for those later questions as if I'd chosen the right region? Or will I get punished in those questions too?
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought it was quit ea kind paper, in comparison with p3 i screwed that so bad!
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought that p3 was *kinda* okay....but by the time I was given p6, I just couldn't be bothered..... very bad attitude to hav, but hey.
I answered most of it, but did sum stupid stuff... but other bits no matter how much time I was given i wouldnt have been able to do it.
But normally the boundary for an a is really low, like 38/60 or summit..... oh hum.....now is time for sleep.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
(Original post by orange soap)
I thought that p3 was *kinda* okay....but by the time I was given p6, I just couldn't be bothered..... very bad attitude to hav, but hey.
I answered most of it, but did sum stupid stuff... but other bits no matter how much time I was given i wouldnt have been able to do it.
But normally the boundary for an a is really low, like 38/60 or summit..... oh hum.....now is time for sleep.

That's for P6? That's nice to know. Though with such a straight forward paper I imagine it won't be as low as normal.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i can dream :rolleyes:
fishpaste
Rep:
?
WHat did you get for the distance between the two lines? My answer was a very ugly surd. 4 digits I think. So I suspect wrong. But I thought it might be right because when I used it in part (ii) to find the coordinate of Q I got really nice integers.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i got like sqrt65 ..... yeah i *think* that ii gave an alright answer...
could you do that question that had tan in it, then they did stuff n then they said to prove that when t=tanpi/9 it =0...i cud do that bit, but i didnt kno how to find the other values.....
fishpaste
Rep:
?
i got like sqrt65 ..... yeah i *think* that ii gave an alright answer...
could you do that question that had tan in it, then they did stuff n then they said to prove that when t=tanpi/9 it =0...i cud do that bit, but i didnt kno how to find the other values.....
rt65 was correct, I think my fraction simplified to rt65 but I didn't notice it. Oh well.

As for that equation, I couldn't do the first part because I couldn't breathe at that point, and I've no clue how to do the other part. I guess if you were patient you could divide by (x-tan(pi/9)) and solve the resulting quadatic.
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
me couldn't be bothered - hopefully got a few method marks on that q'n and went and checked rest of ppr instead!
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I couldn't breathe at that point
...that a result of being told to do such smeelly questions?
when i saw that *freaking* table i thought that they were gonna make us fill it in...thank jebus they didnt
the other bit that confuzzled me was the complex numbers one.... didnt hav the foggiest what they were chatting 'bout in the last bit... r=blahblah^2/3theta or summit..............
Hopefullly in m2 and s2 my brain will actually function.... mind u, all those words in s2 will probs frazzle it to pieces tehehe
fishpaste
Rep:
?
The group theory was very nice on this paper I'll give that.

___

[victim/self pity/blaming others for own stupidity]
This is so annoying. I feel robbed. It's as if the paper was engineered to benefit those with good exam technique and nothing more. I was perfectly capable of answering any of those questions but because of silly messing about with my mind being on other things I completely cocked up on just about all of them. P6 has gone from being from my best module to probably my worst. I suck and it's everybody else's fault but mine. [/pity]
s-man
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
what do you reckon the p6 grade boundaries will be, did you find it really easy, really hard, coz i'm trying to figure out roughly wot i mite get
fishpaste
Rep:
?
...that a result of being told to do such smeelly questions?
when i saw that *freaking* table i thought that they were gonna make us fill it in...thank jebus they didnt
the other bit that confuzzled me was the complex numbers one.... didnt hav the foggiest what they were chatting 'bout in the last bit... r=blahblah^2/3theta or summit..............
Hopefullly in m2 and s2 my brain will actually function.... mind u, all those words in s2 will probs frazzle it to pieces tehehe
Oh yeah! When you had to find the equation of the curve on which z^n lines in polar coordinates.Didn't attempt it. Even though thinking about it it would be really easy.

One last question, what did you put for x,y,z?

Good luck in the rest of your modules.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
errrrr, cant remember, i did the X product of line1 and line 2 and used the coord they gave of P to give the eqn of PQ, then equated that with the eqn for line 2( or whichever line q was on)......so if u did that too, then we hav te same answer, but i more than likely made a mistake
oh yeah, there was one with 3 eqns and they sed what happens when k=1, and you had to describe how the planes intersected geometricallly... when i tried to solve the 3 eqns, i got x=2, but thena whole range of values for y and z . Did you get a decent answer for that?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
errrrr, cant remember, i did the X product of line1 and line 2 and used the coord they gave of P to give the eqn of PQ, then equated that with the eqn for line 2( or whichever line q was on)......so if u did that too, then we hav te same answer, but i more than likely made a mistake
oh yeah, there was one with 3 eqns and they sed what happens when k=1, and you had to describe how the planes intersected geometricallly... when i tried to solve the 3 eqns, i got x=2, but thena whole range of values for y and z . Did you get a decent answer for that?
Ah kay I meant what did you get for x,y,z in the groups question? where it was a partial table.

I did get x = 2, then y = t, z = 5 - t for the equation of intersection of the planes.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh okay... same as me.
In the table, one was a one was ar^2 ( or the other way round) and another was like r^2 or r......not sure

> ( i think thats z,y,x repsectively)
jonas123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh i got something like that.

the table was odd, 1st operation on the vertical column!
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont even kno what a first operation is :rolleyes: ....... but who cares eh?
never need to do p6 again.......until i do my maths degree
Jojoba86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
First operation is like if A down the left and B along the top you get A * B. Can't think off the top of my head what makes you say it was like that jonas, you may be right. Jonas says in this case you'd get B * A.

I thought it was all right, some unexpected questions though. I got the (2^n)(e^i*pi*theta) one though (or whatever it was). Just couldn't get the really dodgy roots one, I think the answers were given by tan 3 theta = sqrt(3) or something. I agree with sqrt(65) too. I couldn't get that simplifying ra one, I made it ar but i think I used dodgy logic.
jonas123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if you looked at the table then you'd notice that...

.|a
r|ra

so you take the term on the vertical first the blob it with the term on the horizontal
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1043)
79.08%
Leave (276)
20.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed