Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with such a huge workload? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A2's right now, I'm also resetting my AS's all in one year, I have ALOT to do and honestly I am already feeling overwhelmed. How do you deal with huge workloads without stressing yourself about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm doing A2's right now, I'm also resetting my AS's all in one year, I have ALOT to do and honestly I am already feeling overwhelmed. How do you deal with huge workloads without stressing yourself about it?
    There isn't really an answer TBH. Other than work as much as possible to get it complete. You are gonna have to go in to college early, sometimes stay late, maybe go in on one of your days off. And do work at home, even when you really CBA.

The more time you dedicate, the more comfortable and on top of everything you should feel. Hopefully reducing your stress levels in the process.

ReputationRep:
    I did that. I had quite a few retakes to do plus 3 A-Levels plus the 7 modules of maths/further maths all in one year so I can relate to that.

The best piece of advice I can give you is also the simplest - plan ahead. Organize your time in such a way that the modules and subjects you're weakest at get the most time.

Final result: AAAB plus an A at AS Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    There isn't really an answer TBH. Other than work as much as possible to get it complete. You are gonna have to go in to college early, sometimes stay late, maybe go in on one of your days off. And do work at home, even when you really CBA.

The more time you dedicate, the more comfortable and on top of everything you should feel. Hopefully reducing your stress levels in the process.
    Yeah your right, the more things get finished the less stress I suppose. How do you feel about timetables? Like honestly as much as I try I cannot stick to one properly, it further stresses me out.

ReputationRep:
    You need to create a timetable. I was in a fairly similar situation. I did 4 hours of maths 9am-1 every Saturday and Sunday until January and then started doing some biology instead. It's best to do the work you need to right away, so you're homework straight away or revision and coursework straightaway. The use the extra time you have to go over everything .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah your right, the more things get finished the less stress I suppose. How do you feel about timetables? Like honestly as much as I try I cannot stick to one properly, it further stresses me out.
    Do you mean the timetable for your lessons? Or a personal one for you to assign yourself work in spare time?

I literally used to just plug any spare time during the day with revision, reading, making notes / posters / spider diagrams, which would help me remember things. If I had an hour or 2 between lessons I would just go some where quiet with a couple of friends and learn things together etc. An empty classroom with whiteboards is great if a few of you are studying the same subjects.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be prepared from the start.

Go over topics before you start them in class, so it'll be revision for you when you're getting taught. Print out the syllabus so you know exactly what you need to know for exams.

Take advantage of free periods. Don't waste time.
    Make notes, diagrams, do past papers, search up stuff you don't understand on YouTube etc.

If you think you can stick to it, create a timetable too.

ReputationRep:
    By wiping it with a tissue

ReputationRep:
    Prioritise. Organise. Compromise. Don't stop-ise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)

Go over topics before you start them in class, so it'll be revision for you when you're getting taught. Print out the syllabus so you know exactly what you need to know for exams.

Make notes, diagrams, do past papers, search up stuff you don't understand on YouTube etc.

I can't promote this enough TBH. Especially if you are doing stuff like Biology, Physics or Chemistry. Channels like "Crash Course" by a man called Hank Green are an amazing resource for learning. It's pretty much all AS and A2 stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    You need to create a timetable. I was in a fairly similar situation. I did 4 hours of maths 9am-1 every Saturday and Sunday until January and then started doing some biology instead. It's best to do the work you need to right away, so you're homework straight away or revision and coursework straightaway. The use the extra time you have to go over everything .
    Okay I will create a proper timetable! But when you created one, did you assign topics to those hours ever week or did you just sit down for 4 hours and do as much maths as your could revise in those 4 hours?

ReputationRep:

Okay I agree definitely with going over topics before lesson, I have been doing this and feel like I learn much, much more! Thankyou for the advice, did you have a time table? if so, how was yours? could you briefly explain what you did or used to do? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    By wiping it with a tissue
    Rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    I can't promote this enough TBH. Especially if you are doing stuff like Biology, Physics or Chemistry. Channels like "Crash Course" by a man called Hank Green are an amazing resource for learning. It's pretty much all AS and A2 stuff.
    It really helped me for Chemistry when stuff in the textbook wasn't explained so clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    I did that. I had quite a few retakes to do plus 3 A-Levels plus the 7 modules of maths/further maths all in one year so I can relate to that.

The best piece of advice I can give you is also the simplest - plan ahead. Organize your time in such a way that the modules and subjects you're weakest at get the most time.

Final result: AAAB plus an A at AS Chemistry
    Okay weakest subjects first! Very good plan. I think I will probably re-learning all my AS stuff before december, does that sound like the best way to go about it?

ReputationRep:
    It really helped me for Chemistry when stuff in the textbook wasn't explained so clearly.
    Yes! Chemistry is terrible to learn from a book. Or a teacher who only repeats books, not teach

ReputationRep:
    Rude
    Did you laugh tho

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I can totally relate to this! I just started A2's as well, and I'm doing further maths, the workload can sometimes just get on top of me. Last year I kept going through phases where I felt great and was on top of things and was practically addicted to studying and then phases where I was behind in everything and felt like I was failing and just couldn't cope. But I think I've got into the swing of things now and I've found the most important thing for me is to just accept that you will get behind sometimes and not to panic about it, because the only way to fix it is to set aside the time and sit down and just work. Seems kind of obvious now, but it took me a while to actually work that out...
    A lot of people say to make timetables but I don't really know how I feel about that, I've tried that so many times and it never works for me. I find a better way is to make a list of everything I need to do in the next, say two or three days, with an estimate of how long I think each thing will take to complete, so I know roughly how much time I need, and how I can divide my time up, etc
    I'm naturally really disorganised so I always have to just over-do it on organisation - make tons of lists, notes, reminders etc.
    Sorry this is so long, but hope some of it helps haha good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Did you laugh tho
    Admittedly yes! Helped me release some stress

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly yes! Helped me release some stress
    Good Helped you release ey heheh

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.