The Student Room Group

Oxford TSA Score

As someone who is already at a disadvantage when applying to oxford due to my GCSE's (2A*'s, 6A's, 2B's), despite making up for it at AS (AAAA), what sort of score would be looking to achieve in the TSA (applying for PPE) to become a 'competitive candidate' and get an interview? I'm looking for a score out of 50 on the multiple choice section where I am currently getting around 35, however, I feel I would have to do much better to be in with a chance. Anyone know the scores to be considered 'good' or 'very good'?

Cheers.
Reply 1
bump lol
Reply 2
Original post by MegaJake
As someone who is already at a disadvantage when applying to oxford due to my GCSE's (2A*'s, 6A's, 2B's), despite making up for it at AS (AAAA), what sort of score would be looking to achieve in the TSA (applying for PPE) to become a 'competitive candidate' and get an interview? I'm looking for a score out of 50 on the multiple choice section where I am currently getting around 35, however, I feel I would have to do much better to be in with a chance. Anyone know the scores to be considered 'good' or 'very good'?

Cheers.

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-oxford/scoring-and-results/

This tells you how the assessment people view the result. If you now look at the PPE feedback for individual colleges some of them will say that there is a boundary mark - usually around 61. Broadly, if you do better than that you get an interview. The mark is set so that they invite around 2-3 people for each place offered. At this stage I think they also reallocate surplus interviewees from "popular" to "unpopular colleges. I'm not sure if this is done centrally or by the colleges themselves.

To get a TSA score of 61 you need to get around 70% of the questions right.

It is not clear to me how much they use the TSA to decide which interviewees get offers. I think you could be a pretty good philosopher and still score poorly in this test. Even for economists there have been doubts raised (by Cambridge) so perhaps it's just an interview filter and the game moves on to how well you do in the interview and your other details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending