The Student Room Group

Eids soon - how much days should a moslim take off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Going to be starting university and I have to go in to the orientation programme.

whats more important islam or education
Reply 21
Original post by Reformed
whats more important islam or education

I think you mean... what's more important, going to a boring lecture hall surrounded with people you don't know, or staying at home celebrating an Islamic festival with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I think you mean... what's more important, going to a boring lecture hall surrounded with people you don't know, or staying at home celebrating an Islamic festival with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats one way to look at it, but i suppose celebrating islamic festivvals wont make you educated and wont help you get a job either
im taking 1 day of. ngl eid is dead
Reply 24
thats one way to look at it, but i suppose celebrating islamic festivvals wont make you educated and wont help you get a job either

Because I'm really going to get employed and my IQ will shoot to 140 on that day.
Original post by HAnwar
Because I'm really going to get employed and my IQ will shoot to 140 on that day.

maybe eating lots of Dates will help your IQ
sorry to sound ignorant but i love learning things so could someone explain to me what Eid is :colondollar:

thnks :h::hugs:
Reply 27
maybe eating lots of Dates will help your IQ

Yeah except the fact you don't eat dates on Eid.
Original post by CoolCavy
sorry to sound ignorant but i love learning things so could someone explain to me what Eid is :colondollar:

thnks :h::hugs:

It's the second religious holiday that Muslims celebrate - Eid Ul Adha
The first religious holiday that MUSLIMS celebrate is also called Eid - but has a different ending = Eid il Fitr
Like Christians celebrate Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah except the fact you don't eat dates on Eid.

are saying no muslim ever ate dates at eid?
Original post by Bloom77
It's the second religious holiday that Muslims celebrate - Eid Ul Adha
The first religious holiday that MUSLIMS celebrate is also called Eid - but has a different ending = Eid il Fitr
Like Christians celebrate Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok, that sounds cool :smile:
ah thanks for explaining, do you know if it has a story or message behind it (like the christmas story)?

thanks 4 explaining :smile:
Reply 31
are saying no muslim ever ate dates at eid?

No I'm not saying that. But it's not a custom like you would have dates when breaking your fast etc.
Original post by CoolCavy
oh ok, that sounds cool :smile:
ah thanks for explaining, do you know if it has a story or message behind it (like the christmas story)?

thanks 4 explaining :smile:

Yeah it does! :smile:

Eid-ul-Adha celebrates the occasion when Allah appeared to Ibrahim in a dream and asked him to sacrifice his son Isma'il as an act of obedience to God. The devil tempted Ibrahim by saying he should disobey Allah and spare his son. However, he ended up (nearly) sacrificing his son because of his love for God, however, Allah saw this and replaced his son with cow.
That's why every Eid, Muslims sacrifice an animal. :smile:
I copied the first half off of bbc bite size because I couldn't be asked writing it lol, but hope that gives u more of an insight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah it does! :smile:

Eid-ul-Adha celebrates the occasion when Allah appeared to Ibrahim in a dream and asked him to sacrifice his son Isma'il as an act of obedience to God. The devil tempted Ibrahim by saying he should disobey Allah and spare his son. However, he ended up (nearly) sacrificing his son because of his love for God, however, Allah saw this and replaced his son with cow.
That's why every Eid, Muslims sacrifice an animal. :smile:
I copied the first half off of bbc bite size because I couldn't be asked writing it lol, but hope that gives u more of an insight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you :biggrin:
i can go to bed happy now bc i have learnt something new tday that i didn't know yesterday :h:
Original post by HAnwar
No I'm not saying that. But it's not a custom like you would have dates when breaking your fast etc.

im aware of the mohameddian tradition of breaking fasts, but was referring to the general consumption of dates. i dont think any eid tradtion will help your search for some IQ tbh
Reply 35
im aware of the mohameddian tradition of breaking fasts, but was referring to the general consumption of dates. i dont think any eid tradtion will help your search for some IQ tbh

No it probably won't because that's not the purpose of it, but all those other days I'll spend in university will.
Original post by Quady

One day for each virgin.

still getting more pussy than you

bye felicia
Reply 37
2 days!
1 day unfortunately..
365 days

Quick Reply